Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 06-16-2010, 12:46 AM
Corporal

Default Re: Same machines or a ton of them>>>

If you are still learning there it won't be much different to you between machines.
Practice with your mentor's machine, get familiar with what he uses and gradually you'll develop your own taste for machines. Spend your money for now on other things more essential in your apprenticeship. EX: books, gloves, seminars etc.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:50 AM
Platoon Sargent

Thanx for the info, I appreciate it.....
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:50 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
Thanx for the info, I appreciate it.....
When did you land an apprenticeship? Glad you got your foot in the door. Congrats.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:11 AM
Platoon Sargent

Naw dude..........unfortunately Im still on the outside.....the apprenticeship I once had for a month...was a total waste I was never allowed in the shop...and I paid for it........So still at iy, and Thanx for the congratz! anyway..........
Old 06-16-2010, 11:46 PM
Private

I have quite a few machines but the two I use, and love, the most are my next gen. orion brass patinas. I got them after all my other machines were stolen in a break in about 5 yrs ago.
Old 06-19-2010, 01:33 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

So, I have been using the Zen prototype from Fk irons (thanks Gaston)

And WOW. Everyone needs to totally go put your pre order in for it NOW.
Great balance "ofcourse" less vibration and VERY light still.

This is seriousley now my favorite machine ever.

www.JohnDameArt.com
Old 06-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Private

Default Always back to the originals

i've been using a time machine Flatline, and i believe a flashback, for 5 yrs or so. never had broplems with the contact point. just minor adjustments over the years. i keep buying different machines to try something new and always end up going back. the only machine that has made it into the rotation is this new Swashdrive that i just got for 89$ from CAM i like it for damn near everything. i was thinking about getting the 400$ one straight from the inventor. its awesome for everything from b n g to solid pack.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Private

I am basically using the three machines that I got during my apprenticeship. I'm really familiar with them and know them inside and out. My favorite is a rebuilt CAM lefty that I use for almost all my shading. I'm looking to get a Sharps liner soon. I do like the idea of multiple shading machines for different techniques though.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Private

I've had/used several different machines and currently own/use Dan Dringenberg machines and FK Irons and have to say I've been most pleased with both. I'm working on buying a third custom Dringenberg machine in the next few weeks.
Old 07-04-2010, 05:45 AM
Platoon Sargent

Yeah, when I finally become pro those two names DD & FKI are gonna be my ol' faithful machines, More so FKI than DD......DD's machines are like works of art all in them selves to me.........I'll use them but not as everyday machines anyway........

Tags
machines, them>>>, ton