Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 07-23-2006, 09:24 AM
Private

Default solution querys?

just got my new solution shader i love it but it just confuses me a tad!
ive always worked with a 9 mag and set my machine to have an air gap of 1.2MM.
now on my solution its something like 3.5mm.
i know everyone has said to use a pulse as you get it, i have and it is good just not sure whats going on.
a few guys at the shop are all older and very grounded in there machine works and have given me a hard time about this!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 02:56 PM
Field Marshal

I have no idea what all that stuff is man

I just open the box and plug em in

and they swim through the color
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Private

how do you mean ?
i know you know how a machine works, a man of your experiance would have yrs of tinkering with his tools.
so are you just saying you dont know how solution works with such a large air gap
Old 07-23-2006, 10:05 PM
Field Marshal

no, Im saying I have never once tinkered with a tattoo machine (except during my apprenticeship) other than throwing them at people when they dont work right.... for real

hahahahahaha

seriously f@#k all that, since day 1, I spent ALL my time tattooing and just bought machines till I found ones I liked... I know that sounds bad, but I always figured there was people that were way better at that then me... hell, just cause I drive everyday doesnt mean that I fix my engine. Ive never changed a tire either, thats why god made triple a, and thats why god made PULSE and waverly ink and mickey sharp and juan puente and aaron cain and sailor jerry and zeke owens (who worked her last summer) I just cut em checks.

I know, it shocks and freaks out a lot of folks, I do know a lot about applying the tattoo to the skin, and how to push it as hard as you can, but I am not an allen wrench junky like so many others, Im not even sure what an air gap is. hahahahahahahaha

dave tedder is the machine expert at anti

but THANK you for assuming I knew a bunch of stuff about tatt zappers
Old 07-23-2006, 10:18 PM
Corporal

LMAO!!

Joe Capobianco says the same thing!! If it does not work, throw it away and get another!! He does not "tune" his machines either.

When I get rich, I may take that approach also!!

www.myspace.com/unforgiven74
Old 07-23-2006, 10:46 PM
Private

I don't see much point in trying to fix things that aren't broken. I've never had to tune any of my Pulse machines. I had one that bogged down sometimes, and I found it was because I put too much pressure on the armature bar. Just buy Pulse machines clip em in and use em, this way, like Bond said, all time can be focused on tattooing, not mechanics.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Smooth Operator
Field Marshal

amotherf@#kingmazing.

really
Old 07-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Platoon Sargent

i agree with brandon.
daves the one who knows the machine stuff, a smart man he is.

Tags
querys, solution