Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-16-2008, 12:27 PM
I know Brandon Sucks IRL
Corporal

Default Re: Meet The Apprentices

Have you all found that your artistic tastes and styles have changed from being apprentices at AoN?
I'm sure you've had particular styles that held your interest and were a focus for you prior to joining the familia, but being completely immersed in this environment and surrounded by such amazing talent, have you found that you're not just branching out as artists, but you're also looking in a totally new direction for where you want to carry yourselves by being around this crew for over half of every day?
I'm sure there's nothing quite like standing in Tim's booth for instance to give you a literal hard-on for pinups and stunning areola's.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
what would you say to a scrathcer who orders a kit off ebay and starts tattooing in their kitchen or garage instead of doing a formal apprenticeship like you are doing?

I think scratchers should be banned and locked up, like they do in good ole' North Carolina! It sets a a bad tone to the whole industry. i'm thinkin', that with this new movement of next generation artwork coming from great artists, that public awareness raises a bar or 2 and clients start thinking and realizing " I WANT A PIECE OF ART!!!! and the only place to get that is from a professional tattoo artist! Hopefully more people will come together and help push this idea. I know that being here @ All or Nothing Tattoo has given me the inspiration to be at the forefront of this mindset by pushing out DOPE tattoos day after day!!!
......Yeah, It's KILLER being here!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
I can't wait to get there and join in on the fun. The videos that Ive seen coming out of All or Nothing have been a blast, and totally entertaining.. Im just ready to be a part of it!

Look forward to meeting you guys all! We'll be there tomorrow morning!!

Yeah, it'll be great to put a face to the writing!!! hahahahaha
Old 05-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Platoon Sargent

I would just like to repost here, what I already posted in the testamonial section:

"I also want to extend my thanks to all the new apprentices at AON. Last time I was there, John and Matt were still apprenticing, and Mondo was basically still the new guy. Well....now almost a year later, Mondo is the senior apprentice and there is a whole new group of apprentices working hard and learning from the AON staff artists. The faces may have changed, but the professionality, courtesy, attentiveness, and passion...they are still forefront in the actions of the apprentices at AON. I swear, sitting around the shop, there was *never* a moment when at least one apprentice was not busy cleaning some surface of this immaculate shop."

You guys ROCK!

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Private

yeah chinsmack my drawings have changed a bunch...i didnt really have much direction with my drawings prior to coming here.now i look at real things for reference.its more like i want to have proper proportions before i try to throw a swing on it.i love tradition art because there is so much reference available and you can do so much with it.so,id say my art has taken on a more traditional feel,but when my art is better im going to try to throw my own spin on it.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Corporal

di is a nerd
Old 05-16-2008, 06:57 PM
DiQuartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Dunlap View Post
di is a nerd
matt is a dork
Old 05-16-2008, 07:19 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
what would you say to a scrathcer who orders a kit off ebay and starts tattooing in their kitchen or garage instead of doing a formal apprenticeship like you are doing?
scratchers suck.they mess up good real-estate like a bad apartment complex.i cant blame people for wanting to learn to tattoo,but there is a good way to go about everything.i must say that i was a bit of a scratcher but i knew what i couldnt do and i declined alot of tattoos.actually i sent them to us here at AoN.i always tell the scratchers with their scratch kits that they should do everything to learn from a reputable shop.the only reason for my advice is so that there will be less bad tattoos to put off the general public to getting tattooed.i think there should be a penalty of some sort to the tattoo suppliers that distribute their equipment without having tax id #s or a valid license.but really i doubt that there will be a day without scratchers.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:23 PM
DiQuartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumber606 View Post
I'll be in the shop for a tattoo next week! What kind of sweets do want me to bring? hehe

You don't really have to bring cake anything. We are damned happy to be seeing chocolate badass tattoos getting done every day. Just bring your cookies empty skin and willingness to have some nice art put on it, and we will be happy.

Can't wait to see what you are getting!!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:36 PM
DiQuartel

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabellum View Post
"I also want to extend my thanks to all the new apprentices at AON. Last time I was there, John and Matt were still apprenticing, and Mondo was basically still the new guy. Well....now almost a year later, Mondo is the senior apprentice and there is a whole new group of apprentices working hard and learning from the AON staff artists. The faces may have changed, but the professionality, courtesy, attentiveness, and passion...they are still forefront in the actions of the apprentices at AON. I swear, sitting around the shop, there was *never* a moment when at least one apprentice was not busy cleaning some surface of this immaculate shop."

You guys ROCK!
Thanks man!! It was awesome to meet you. That last piece Dave did on you was sick, for sure. We can't wait to see you in for some more work soon. I know it's a bit of a distance, but I'm glad All Or Nothing is worth the traveling for you!!

Tags
apprentices, meet