Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 06-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

Default Re: photoshop killed the tattoo artist?

not only do i use photoshop but i also own 3d modeling programs. i have all kinds of models ranging from animals to humans to vehicles, plants, etc., etc. the really cool thing is after you move your model into the viewer, you can pose it how you want, change camera angles, change the lighting for different effects, you can even animate it if you want, although that isnt very applicable in this industry. anyway, get set the image the way you want, render it, save as jpg., open in photoshop, do any tweaking you want, print. in some cases the models are already textured also, so that helps alot too.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Field Marshal

i have a degree in graphic arts and i still hate the computer. all that money just to find out i'd rather draw it by hand anyway. i figured going into graphic arts was still being creative artisticly, but found myself torn between what should be drawn and what looks better being created on the computer. both mediums have their place. i'd still rather draw it if i have to tattoo it. nothing can replace the feeling of original art.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Field Marshal

jerseyjay, i'm in the same boat, i spent 4 years and got a degree in industrial design thinking i'd be able to create cool things, got into the working world and realized i was an engineer.

maetoch, what program are you using?

In college i used 3-d programs mostly solidworks for engineering but i also used 3ds max for rendering
Old 06-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
jerseyjay, i'm in the same boat, i spent 4 years and got a degree in industrial design thinking i'd be able to create cool things, got into the working world and realized i was an engineer.

maetoch, what program are you using?

In college i used 3-d programs mostly solidworks for engineering but i also used 3ds max for rendering
yeah the working world is a real b1tc4. i worked for yellowbook for 3 years designing phone book ads, needed the benefits for the prego wife and all that sort of stuff. i still tattooed part time but felt as though i had wasted more time learning the computer BS vs. putting the same ambition into tattooing. since coming back to tattoo full time, i have never had drive like i do now. i have no shame saying i'm glad there are guys like brandon and a few others who are willing to share the knowledge. tight lips have kept tattooing in my area mediocre. now folks are getting better work and the scratcher shop owners are getting left behind. kinda like the one i just left a few months ago. he was a hack who had no desire to better himself or his work. hell, photoshop can't fix every problem.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

i use 3ds max, bryce, carrara, and poser 7. i use the poser program mainly, it has all of the posable models. sometimes its useful sometimes its not. but being able to change the cameras rotation or pitch and changing the lighting sometimes changes the dynamics in way i had not thought of but better than the origional. i use these images mainly for reference poses and lighting.
Old 06-13-2008, 01:02 AM
Private

Photoshop is a tool, much like a stencil machine. Can't lay blame on the tool, just the tools trying to use it.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:07 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philgarrett View Post
Photoshop is a tool, much like a stencil machine. Can't lay blame on the tool, just the tools trying to use it.
hahahaha. true
Old 06-13-2008, 11:13 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philgarrett View Post
maybe that's what I have a problem with.

Tags
artist, killed, photoshop, tattoo