Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 12-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Password Protected Technical Tattoo Forum

One suggestion would be to do like on another board I post on. When a new member requests access, the members of the board vote on whether or not to allow them in. Maybe set a 20 post minimum so we get to know the people and then have a vote or something?

Another suggestion would be to assign a couple more moderators with access to delete spam and to temper arguments when they flare up. I think we all could use that. Just a few suggestions that might help.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deran View Post
One suggestion would be to do like on another board I post on. When a new member requests access, the members of the board vote on whether or not to allow them in. Maybe set a 20 post minimum so we get to know the people and then have a vote or something?

Another suggestion would be to assign a couple more moderators with access to delete spam and to temper arguments when they flare up. I think we all could use that. Just a few suggestions that might help.
what other boards are you on? im always down for another.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Private

I think deran is on the right track. I think we need moderators watching things more closely. I come here to try to learn a thing or two and better myself as an artist. This is the part of the board i come to most, and it gets cluttered with arguments and people going way off topic at times, and spammers. It would be nice to see it regulated better.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I'd help moderate, but I'm not an artist.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
Yes, we will try it again.

But many of you are relatively new here, this is actually the third incarnation of the brandonbond.com forum originally way back in 02. We have done this before, and its a bit time consuming. If you want to help email nicole@allornothingtattoo.com

The problem is that I hate "elitist tattooist cocksuckers" quite a bit and for someone to be all "that guy is a scratcher" and then the other guy is "no that guy is a scratcher", and then you find out they both are the same person! its gay. hahahahahaaa

Im all for it if you want to do it again though? just dont be elitest cocksuckers.

No one helped me along the way when I was coming up and it took me 15 years before I even opened all or nothing.

If we can help some people that are serious about art, then I say f@#k yes, do it. even if they suck at black a grey.

hahahaaa
hell yeah bro, artists helping artists. just the way you all have helped me in the past few years. i am happy to take constructive critism, but the bashing s&!t is gay. imo, i still suck and that's the only reason i continue to post, i want to get better. there are a few guys here who are always neutral and help out, but there are a few who are just tooting their own horn and s&!tting on less talented artists. this is not going to help any one ever.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Corporal

I really like this idea. I will vow to be nice as well. This really is the best thing that could happen around here.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:04 PM
Corporal

how is it going to be determined who gets in though??
Old 12-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Private

i assume it should work the same as buying the dvd? proof of being a registered artist then folks can share information without fear its in the wrong hands.
the voting thing i dont think is right or fair, at times it becomes a bit of a pissing contest and people gang up so i feel the same requirement used for the dvd would be enough.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:35 PM
Private

i agree with gruff...not a vote. should be up to brandon and nicole, or some other higher power.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:52 PM
Private

could the password protected forum not be red on gray?

Tags
forum, password, protected, tattoo, technical