Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2008, 09:24 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: Just Cause YOu Tattoo Doesn't Mean You Have To Look Like It..., Does It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
I think you would learn a lot from getting tattooed.
i totally agree, but it sounds like to me that you havent made a decision yet on whether or not you want to do this for the rest of your life. and if thats the case then you need to either go hell bent for knowledge or STOP!!!!!!!!! this is not an industry that you can just decide one day out of nowhere to do. and also if you cant draw very good and your dad did the stencil for you that is a very bad sign. only artists will excell in this industry. you cant learn how to be an artist after you start tattooing. although it can make you a better artist. but if you cant draw or do stencils i would put down the machine and pick up a pencil.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:08 AM
Private

Default Re: Just Cause YOu Tattoo Doesn't Mean You Have To Look Like It..., Does It?

Yes you need tattoos I have been tattood by a guy with very few tattoos (and the ones he did have were not visible and I didnt see them) not only was his work way overrated but I just flat out didnt even like the experience now do you need full sleeves no but you definately need some and they need to be well thought out interesting and well done now Im hoping when you say you have some you dont mean script (somones name, passage in bible, prayer, inspirational word) if so then you need to get off the pc and go to a decent shop and get som quality ink seriously nothing annoys me more tan when somones just giddy about showing me their new tat only to show me the word "faith" written on their calf "oh wow thats amazing Ive never seen that word before" dont get me wrong script tats are ok Im just not going to impressed by one no matter how good the script is. sorry Im getting off the point and that is that any serious tattooer needs to have some quality ink no they dont need full sleeves but you at least need something to show your clients.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:38 PM
Private

I'm not gonna lie, you seem like a pretty big dbag to me

You shouldn't be tattooing if you don't love everything about it, and "not really liking how it looks" just doesn't cut it

Last edited by JustinM; 06-19-2008 at 08:41 PM..
Old 06-19-2008, 10:46 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinM View Post
I'm not gonna lie, you seem like a pretty big dbag to me

You shouldn't be tattooing if you don't love everything about it, and "not really liking how it looks" just doesn't cut it
AMEN
Old 06-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Private

I understand what your saying about not wanting design work. But at the same time it's like going to a mechanic who has never driven a car!!!! People are going to be careful about going to a tattooer with no tattoos because it kinda shows a lack of commitment. If you do tattoos....you should like them. You should always love what you do. But thats just my opinion.
Old 06-21-2008, 04:26 PM
goatse enthusiast
Corporal

I'm not super covered either- not for lack of want, but I do have my left hand and forearm (an Opera glove of knick knacks, lol) done up, with a genuine want for more. Plus, my thighs (myself), and my chest is gonna keep getting added to. I'm only 26, and I'm glad I waited. Now, when I get some extra cash (I'm a single dad trying to give my kid a better life), I'll be seeing some kickass artists I can learn a thing or 2 from, pick brains (or maybe eat them and steal the smarts) and take notes and ish.

All that being said, I love tattooing, and if I don't die I will be heavily covered eventually. I want my tattoos to have a simple, yet brilliant F you quality that'll make you laugh or piss you off, or act as a bookmark to different chapters of my life. Like the idea I had for a portrait of my kids...as a sperm cells with "Cheat to Win" or something crazy.

So yeah. Getting and being tattooed is part of the culture. If you want to keep em hidden, or (worse) you don't have any at all, get some. You can't have it both ways. It's all or nothing.

tattoo or die
Old 06-21-2008, 05:29 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

You can a lot about a tattooer, by his own tattoos.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 06-26-2008, 09:14 AM
Private

Listen, I'm going to be honest from a consumer stand point.
You DON'T have to be covered in ink to be an artist, but if you have several GREAT pieces on your body, even if you have to roll up your shirt sleeves or pant legs to show them off. I would consider getting a tattoo from you. HOWEVER, if those photos you posted are tattoos you have done and they are in your portfolio, I will say - you might great tattoos on "your body," but your skills are lacking.... for my taste anyway. You absolutely HAVE TO - HAVE TO - HAVE TO, draw like crazy, till your F'n fingers bleed. I'm not even kidding.. and IF I'm wrong (and I'm usually not) any artist here will correct me on that.

If your heart is not in this (which it appears), then you can never hope to be anything better than a mediocre artist. And if that is your goal - to be mediocre and to make some extra "side cash" - then I say you need to consider another career and give up the idea of this one.
Just my honest opinion.

On another note, if you decide to really become serious about being a tattooist then you should give some thought to going to some of Brandon's seminars or any other accomplished artist in the biz. *Disclaimer - I'm not a promoter/salesperson, it's just good advice*

PS ~ I have seen many a business man in a suit and tie in Florida. Air conditioning is a fabulous invention!! The best in fact right after TiVo!!

peace
Old 06-26-2008, 09:20 AM
Private

One more thing - I can't list 20 FANTASTIC artists off the top of my head right now, that have s&!tty work on themselves, but do the most BAD AZZ tattoos I have ever seen!! TRUTH!!
And they will tell you that themselves too!
So, basically it really doesn't matter. Portfolios speak for themselves, but having some visible art will help you advertise (thus more money in your pocket) a career that you should obviously love.

WALK THE WALK - DON'T TALK THE TALK

It's sells better!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

like i said, Brandon could be covered in every tattoo on the "Bad Tattoo" list and i'd sit for him in a minute. I just can't seem to get to Georgia...it's so friggin hot. My best friend is in Alpharetta, he keeps inviting me down. I am saving though, that calls gonna come soon...an appointment for a colder month is gonna happen! I'm gettin itchy for a piece.

Christopher McCandless

Tags
tattoo