Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 07-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Private

Default Re: Same machines or a ton of them>>>

Trust me, DD machines do the job VERY well and I use them every day
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:58 AM
Platoon Sargent

Oh yeah dude, don't get me wrong, I've heard nothing but positive feedback concerning DD, I don't know I guess he makes such great machines in my eyes that, I'd rather collect them as art & function pieces rather than my everyday work machines.....I guess I can look at it like if something happens to my FKI machines I have equally if not better back up machines......(not taking anything at all away from Gaston) But these two builders will be heavily supported by me......
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Disfigured Member
Private

Thumbs up Re: Same machines or a ton of them>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverly View Post
Three guys who don't have any kind of "day late, dollar short irons " thing going on around them are Karl Hedgepath, Jason Shroder and Korie Wilson. Legit tools for legit tattooers.
Karl Hedgepeth AMEN!!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Private

who wants a $400 paper weight... not me. I use all the machines i own and if i don't i sell them to my co workers.
adam cefferri pit bull and bull dog liner and shader
soba iron rusto mini liner
aaron cain and grime colabo shader
pulse exucutive liner and solution shader
and yes... i use all of these machines at least once a week, i rotate them depending on the tattoo's specifications.
ahhhh i love machines, i use all of my coworkers too... i promote a learning environment by sharing my experience and equipment with my friends in the industry and they do the same for me. What a beautiful job we have
Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash131Tattoo View Post
if you have used any of seth ciferri's machines, how do adams tunings and set up differ?
if not, disregard.
you can pm if u want.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Disfigured Member
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash131Tattoo View Post
who wants a $400 paper weight... not me. I use all the machines i own and if i don't i sell them to my co workers.
soba iron rusto mini liner
aaron cain and grime colabo shader
pulse exucutive liner and solution shader
and yes... i use all of these machines at least once a week, i rotate them depending on the tattoo's specifications.
ahhhh i love machines, i use all of my coworkers too... i promote a learning environment by sharing my experience and equipment with my friends in the industry and they do the same for me. What a beautiful job we have
AMEN!!!!
Old 07-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Private

Currently use 3 machines
Handbuilt Eru Liner from Japan
Rebuilt Iron Workhorse frame for color shading
FK Iron Proton for Black and Gray
I also have 2 frames I am in the process of rebuilding as liners
Next machine on the list of to buys - Stigma Hybrid V2
Old 07-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Private

danny fowler flatline shader, a jonsey power liner i built off a paulo fernando frame, a paco rollins brass j frame liner, a paco brass j frame shader, and a build a good friend of mine gave me that be built off an old school waters frame. just ordered a set of the new fowler g3's, cant want to get em
Old 08-18-2010, 08:45 PM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
if you have used any of seth ciferri's machines, how do adams tunings and set up differ?
if not, disregard.
you can pm if u want.
Seth's machines never need resprung, Adams machines will need a spring change once per year.
Adam's machines are punchier on all accounts and will get the job done faster if you can adapt to high speed tattooing, not that's Seth's machines can't push ink quickly but there is a noticeable difference.
Seth's machines are tuned for more longevity and Adam's are tuned more for high traffic street shop environments if you have the knowledge to tune and perform maintenance on your machines. Changing springs is easy though, just replace what you see with new.
The builds are equally great in quality and hardware, the tuning is the only difference I see. I buy from both of them.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Recruit

I started out using two Aaron Cain Avionic machines during my apprenticeship alongside a re-built bulldog-styled cheapo. Then added some pulse machines into the rotation by way of the Watson(liner), Executive(liner) and Fairfield(shader) along with a Soba Clipper(shader). The Soba Clipper, Fairfield and Watson combo was my routine set-up for quite awhile before discoverring FK Irons.

Now I typically use the FK Al13 models for everything I can (i run 3 protons and 1 zen), as the light weight of the machine really helps me endure long sessions. Though I do break out the other machines I have for various functions as I have toyed with their tuning a bit to make them better suited for specific tasks.

Tags
machines, them>>>, ton