Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Corporal

Default Re: intenze ink

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
i'm just wondering why the information about safe and or unsafe inks should be a f@#king secret. even if the scratchers see that their is a bad lot of ink going around, hopefully they would not buy it and save some people. i believe that certain s&!t should be held in private, but not things that involve the safety of our customers.
i agree but as an example- look at how the Tabacco Industry kept ingredients on th Down low. Its about protecting their Assets and keeping the business ahead of others even if it can destroy ppls health eventually...I think its motivated by money also.
Be great if there were some Ink Professor somewhere making the "Perfect" ink but even then something will eventually happen to where formulas have to change. I think we r ALL in this to learn also about the facets of ink chemistry whether we like it or not....my 2cents. "Its a good thing".

Last edited by Jayrahn; 11-11-2008 at 10:47 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:41 AM
Private

The problem is that there is not enough money in tattoo inks as an industry - not enought to fund the huge trials that will give conclusive results, anyway.

Just look at the food industry - much higher value, much larger studies, and they still can't agree on whats safe and whats not. Things that are approved in the USA are illegal in Europe and vice versa. "Experts" never agree and studies always contradict.

So all we can do is rely on the ink manufacturers' legal duty of care to provide a product that is suitable for use. They are the experts here and as long as we use their ingredients properly (i.e. not watering them down with god-knows-what) then we are covered.

I worry more about getting inks that go in easy and stay in, than I do about the safety of the ingredients - that's something outside my area of expertise and out of my control......................

I'm yet to find a range I'm fully happy with, but most Eternals are good and Dermaglo seem ok, just started with their sample set - watery but goes in nice!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:38 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrahn View Post
i agree but as an example- look at how the Tabacco Industry kept ingredients on th Down low. Its about protecting their Assets and keeping the business ahead of others even if it can destroy ppls health eventually...I think its motivated by money also.
Be great if there were some Ink Professor somewhere making the "Perfect" ink but even then something will eventually happen to where formulas have to change. I think we r ALL in this to learn also about the facets of ink chemistry whether we like it or not....my 2cents. "Its a good thing".
first off, smokes gives yas cancer, not to much you can hide from that, second, your body is'nt going to like anything you force into the skin, so their will never be a "perfect ink". people will always have reactions to certain inks.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 11-12-2008, 05:55 PM
Corporal

smoking doesn't give you cancer
Old 11-12-2008, 06:04 PM
LBT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximalion View Post
again, read more into it, that was one small batch, made by a foreign producer, not using Mario's recipe, You will also find that NO where in the EU have they stopped selling or producing it, in fact it is the top selling ink in the EU.
And don't discount our FDA, there not as dumb as we would think.

As for getting upset, yes it does upset me a little, I and a lot of people have a lot of time and money tied up in ink. I just spent a week on the Phone, computer, to find out the facts on this, and all I found was a bunch of forum jumpers building a misinformation highway, cause they don't have anything better to do.
This was just somewhere for you guys to start looking, if you dig a little deeper you will find that it is infact the u.s. products which are banned along with foreign suppliers, I didnt say all of Europe either I said certain countries in Europe. It also isnt a secret, I just figure that if anyone was concerned with this subject matter then they would have recieved the same email that I did since it went out to like-minded people which I will repeat was from the health officials. If you really want the proof that bad I will email it to you just to have this subject be done....and you are indeed wrong about intenze not being banned anywhere in europe...pm me and I will send the info for you so you can stop calling me a liar and sleep better at night!! And the FDA is a huge joke!! Not only are they 2 years behind on approvals and such but they are easily bought oh and they dont even regulate tattoo pigment so it is also pointless to argue about that also. I am actually very suprised that you think the FDA is anything more useless, but whatever floats your boat.....all of this s&!t aside intenze and moms are still mixed with a.b.s. and that is crazy enough for me
Old 11-21-2008, 02:37 PM
Private

i haven't been tattooing very long but when i went to buy inks the guy teaching me said look buy this s&!t its cheap so i bought a set and EVERY tattoo i have used any reds including one on myself has had a reaction ranging from hives to heat rash and on myself a raised area like a mosquito bit. i've been waiting to get enough money to get new pigments from elsewhere and just keep their blues
Old 11-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by kollin View Post
smoking doesn't give you cancer
he's right the chemicals in cigs give you cancer
Old 11-21-2008, 11:07 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TattoosbyDale View Post
he's right the chemicals in cigs give you cancer
f@#k that I'll never give up my oral fixation, it's the closest safest thing to being gay I can be without actually taking the leap. I almost forgot. No it doesn't.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:53 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

they don't give you cancer, i was kidding. it's all just hipe, from people that don't like the smell.sheeesh

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 11-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Corporal

That's what I've been trying to say, go attack alcohol or something.. XXX straight edge for life!!!!!

Tags
ink, intenze