Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-27-2010, 10:35 PM
Private

Default danny fowler new world pigments

hes runnin a good deal on these too, wondered if anyone tried them and how they were if you had
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:55 AM
Jaded Gypsy Tattoo
Corporal

Default Re: danny fowler new world pigments

if its from danny fowler, its s&!t!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

Guy that broke me in used a few of them,they were crap as I recall.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:32 PM
Corporal

I've been liking the white for the last 5 years, Don't know much about the others though
Old 07-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Corporal

who cares??? aren't there already enough top notch inks already on the market??? Stick with what's already known to be good.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Private

there are, but from my understanding these have been around for a long time i just dont personally know anyone that uses them so i was curious. if theres something good out there that i havent tried, i wanna try it. the guy that started apprenticing me when i was younger was hell bent against starbrite and intenze, but another guy i respected told me to try them so i did, and now some my favorite colors come from both those companys
Old 07-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by -42- View Post
who cares??? aren't there already enough top notch inks already on the market??? Stick with what's already known to be good.
I think if an artist uses and likes something and it works for them, great!
There's nothing wrong with trying a product to see if you like it or not.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommiwommi View Post
I think if an artist uses and likes something and it works for them, great!
There's nothing wrong with trying a product to see if you like it or not.
while I agree there's nothing wrong with trying a new product, it seems there's a constant cycle of people looking to products to make their work better. Constantly shifting from one to the next looking for some "magic" product that will make their work better. If all of this instead would be focused on art, application, and finding one's own particular rhythm, I believe any product can be made to work just as good as the next. Think about it, how many different ink companies are there now? How many of them are well established?? Let's name some...
Waverly
Eternal
Skin Candy
Starbrite
Iron Butterfly
Sta-glo
Classic
Intenze
Dynamic
Kuro Sumi
Alla Prima
Fantasia
National
Spaulding
Millenium
The list goes on and on. Each of these products have been reviewed time and time again. DO we really need any more choices???
We live in a time when there are tons of tried and true products on the market for tattooing, and it's rather easy to find them. Simply digging through this very forum will give you a wealth of knowledge. Sadly, most would rather just ask a question and wait for an answer. It's becoming very redundant.

I dunno, I haven't been in the greatest of moods as of late and my opinion on this could be attributed to that.

However, I will say that if you haven't heard much about a product (especially one that's been around for some time) chances are it isn't worth it. For example, if I post a thread asking about the "prizm colors" sold by superior, should I expect a serious critique of the product, or should I expect nonsense?? Given the company making it, most likely nobody here would have anything positive to say about it because it's from a company that sells s&!t. Has everyone tried it?? Probably not. That doesn't change the fact that based on face value, and the company's reputation that it's not that great.
Common sense would dictate that if a product isn't recieveing reviews in an age of mass information exchanging, chances are it wasn't worth reviewing.

On another note, how many of these companies have been around long enough to have refined their product?? I mean, it is ink we're talking about. What exactly does one look for in an ink? Ease of application, saturation, consistency, blendability, and DURABILITY being the big one. Most of those can be figured out rather quickly, but the big one, DURABILITY can only be measured in time. How many of these products have even existed long enough to be able to stand behind that one?? I'm willing to bet not that many.
How many of these inks are considered a "cash-in" by the artists making them. By "cashing in" i mean how many of these guys are developing and selling a product solely based on their body of work. What ink did they use to create all of that work prior to creating said brand? How many of them actually make the ink with the idea of creating a better product vs just making a buck while they can? Hell, how many of them actually make the ink period?

This isn't me ranting just for the hell of it, nor am I trying to break anyone's balls or anything like that. I'm simply trying to generate conversation and debate that I haven't seen in quite a while on here. I've had these questions rolling around in my head for quite some time and I guess this just seemed like the right time to let em loose.

If well all spend our time digging for the next great product, whether it be machines, inks, needles, etc, we're gonna wind up losing focus on what really matters. Good tattoos. Nothing, and I mean nothing, can replace hard work, dedication, and a desire to improve one's own ability. All that other s&!t just falls to the side in comparison.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Corporal

i forgot to add that trying new things IS GREAT. I don't mean to come off as one sided or unwilling to give new products a chance. I'm all for the advancement of tattooing. Not all products are worth giving a chance, and some are. All I'm asking is to put some thought into what you're doing. No single product is the end all of end all. Just because you have an ems 300 doesn't mean your tattoos are gonna look like whichever world famous artist you like that uses it. Same goes for inks and everything else. Put some time in where it really matters, and you 'll find your groove. If you don't, perhaps you should find a nice 9 to 5 to bide your time with instead of hunting down that power supply that's gonna make you the best thing since two story double wides in your trailer park.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:34 AM
Corporal

agreed. Some times you are glad you did try, some times you regret it, but what is good for someone may not be good for others. With inks I try to buy the smallest bottle possible. You can always upgrade.

Tags
danny, fowler, pigments, world