Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Buying needles

fk it

Last edited by HowieFelterbush; 05-18-2009 at 11:41 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:13 PM
Private

[QUOTE=HowieFelterbush;42533]For the most part, needles are needles. Cam needles seem to be just fine for standard #12s, 7 round and 7 mags. I have gotten a few crappy needles from kingpin but for the most part, a good tattooer with a well running machine can use just about any needle.

I'm sorry sir, but I'm gonna have to call shenanigans on this...I completely disagree with you..There are many companies out there who's needles I would not even think about using on any human...Are you kidding who makes a statement like this...Needles are needles...I bet you think machines are machines too, huh, and Inks are Inks also while were at it...I'm sorry but you should have known a comment like that was gonna get some grief...Not to even mention the rest of it..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Corporal

Iv'e used needles from many tattoo companies and most that I have tried do the trick just fine. As for machines and inks, I think that is totally different. Good inks and nice running machines are very important. I've seen yellow fall out in numerous tattoos within 6 months. ( I won't mention the company ) And I've seen yellow last in my own skin for over 20 years.
As for machines, I probally shouldn't even talk machines here because alot of what I've read on this forum is tattooers talking about mass produced crap machines and non coil machines. I'm personally against both.
How a machine runs, cps, duty and volts are very important as are inks and needles. I guess I was just saying that I haven't really bought alot of needles that turned out to be crappy.

Last edited by HowieFelterbush; 05-18-2009 at 11:42 PM..
Old 05-19-2009, 07:54 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

any time you buy needles from a supply company that mass produces them, your going to find bad, or inconsistent needles. there are places that use low grade stainless steel, but you can usually tell by the other stuff they sell, because it will be extremely cheap, and crappy. the best thing to do if you want perfect needles every time, is to make them yourself, or be careful before you tattoo with a pr-made needle. i like to use an eye-loop. by no means are all needles of the same quality, just like with everything else.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 05-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Private

Yea I always check my needles, I've had too many bad ones not too.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
the tatsoul ENVY needles are the best I have ever used.

no contest.
just got some in. i like em. i liked that their tights were just the right tightness. i tried their rounded mags and still wasnt stoked on em. to each their own..... although their liners definitely...i fight with some that are just too tight for my liking... or too loose like round shaders almost and envy were right on...as were their elevens. the needles seem thicker almost and really were able to saturate well.
Old 05-24-2009, 08:10 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkElephante' View Post
Yea I always check my needles, I've had too many bad ones not too.
i eye loup em too. although its weird. it seems like batches can be bad. from cam id get one of of fifty bad...then like... 15 in a box. its weird. yeah... eye loup
Old 01-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Private

i just wanted to add to this thread that the envy needles may seem a bit expensive but call tatsoul and ask them for a black club card. gives you 20% off all needles and tubes. makes them comparable and even cheaper then mithra. I ordered a sample of them and love them bunches! tired of cheap ass twisted and incorrectly soldered s&!t.

Tags
buying, needles