Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 05-13-2012, 06:59 AM
Private

Default Coils on their way out?

Dusted off an old Micky Sharpz lining machine and see the max. throw I'm getting is around 2.2mm. Still strong enough to use for a 9RL group, and not heating up significantly.
I only know how to test coils for resistance so wondering if the max. throw I'm getting is a sign that they're on their way out?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:13 PM
Private

Default Re: Coils on their way out?

I think that coils can become unpredictable. the springs only have so much flexibility & no one knows the correct time to change them.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Private

Chucked a softer front spring in it and seems to be allright!

Did a smallish piece the other day and I swear the lines were beautifull, using a 3RL and 7RL.

The old story though, have to see what the healed result looks like.

Gotta be some way of testing them though don't you reckon?
Old 05-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Private

Some day someone is going to write a book on the technique of testing springs for tattoo machines... I can just see it.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Private

There are some books on the market, maybe they can help you? I'm talking about tattoo machines and their secrets...

Tags
coils