Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Private

Default Re: ADOPT an ANIMAL!!!!!

To adopt in or around Pittsburgh, PA, go to one of these sites!

www.animalrescue.org
www.wpahumane.com
www.animal-friends.org

These are GREAT facilities, all no-kill shelters, but they've got MASSES of pitties and pit bull mixes just waiting for a FURever home! They also have cats, and in some cases bunnies and birds as well!!!!!

If you can't adopt, please donate your time or money!

Thanks!!!
Betsy
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:16 AM
Doesn't have a Title.
Private

In Southeast Iowa:
http://members.petfinder.com/~IA21/index.php

Paws and More Animal Shelter, Washington Iowa.

This is my hometown shelter and the place I now give my time to. There aren't usually any pit bulls in, but we have plenty of dogs that are just as deserving!

This is Penny. She's a Rhodesian Ridgeback who is our resident tripod. More eager to run during her walks, though. And one of the fastest too! Hell, she gives me a run for my money!!

We can be contacted at 319-653-6713.

Last edited by Freezing Hot; 10-08-2008 at 01:21 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 10:34 AM
Private

Freezing Hot..... that tripod is one of the sweetest looking fellas!

God, I wish my husband and I had more space.... we'd definately rescue another two pitties..... but, we're also SUPER busy with obedience training our girl Sasha (Pit Bull / Lab mix) - right now, she's the "bad girl" of our class! haha.... she'll be getting the award for most improved this week, though!

I cannot express how grateful I am to our girl - she's just the best! This breed is fantastic - I've always loved and appreciated Pit Bulls, but being a first time owner, I am still learning and realizing just how intelligent and loving they are! Every single day, Sasha teaches ME something. I can never thank her enough - she has made our home a family, and gives me something to smile about every day.
I can only hope that the new life we have given her has made her forget about her rough past.... she was beaten, tied to a fence, starved, and abandoned for God knows how long. When we got her, she was 6 months old and only SIXTEEN POUNDS.... a week later, the vet weighed her and she was at THIRTY-ONE pounds, and now, five months later, she's pushin' 75 or so!!!!! I thank the Animal Rescue League in Pittsburgh all the time for saving her and giving us the opportunity to bring Sasha into our home!

Sasha guarding my hubby's vinyl!
Old 10-10-2008, 11:48 PM
Doesn't have a Title.
Private

So if the dog I'm housing's daddy comes back, I'll be adopting Penny. However, we haven't heard from him in four months and he could be dead for all we know. I've fallen so in love with this dog in the past couple of visits, she's got the most beautiful temperament.

Oh man do I want her!
Old 02-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Recruit

I have a full blooded blue pit named mika. she is about a year and a half old. My mother and I got her when she was 6 weeks old from a friend, but we were evicted 4 months ago and haven't had anywhere to keep her. This was supposed to be temporary, until we got back o our feet. But it's taking longer than we expected and it's not fair to mika. She doesn't have any real training and she is quite a handful, but she is a great dog. She's very loving and extremely smart. If anyone can take her temporarily or permanently I would feel so much better.
For more information or inquiries you can contact me at myspace or through email at bethaneek@yahoo.com

thanks for your time
Bethany Frey.

Last edited by bethanymmk; 02-06-2009 at 08:22 PM..
Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Recruit

Brandon, I agree STOP F*#king breeding, I have 6 Pit bulls right now all are fixed. I personally have never had a dog that has had puppies I would love to, but not in my life time, there is just too many dying, there is no excuse. I have been with this breed for over 20 years now, this is the worst of times....Brandon did you see the problem in Buffalo NY, I have a photo from an ACO's truck full of dead Pits that someone from a rescue in NY sent out. Buffalo ACO claims he just drives around all day and picks up dead pits in the city of Buffalo NY. This is such a shame there are some smart dogs out there that can handle jobs, police work, etc. Something has to change, I know people who are disabled and can not afford a guide dog, 5,000 to 10,000 dollars for one of these dogs, average police dog go's for what over 5,000. Pit bull's make great police dogs look at LAWDOGSUSA. Maybe prisoners should train dogs and donate them back to the community. I personally see about 10 Pits everyday that do not make it, this is sad and I fear it is going to get worse, before getting better. Don't buy adopt, don't breed fix them, educate, rescue, retrain, rehome.

Last edited by VTBeggaBulls; 02-10-2009 at 12:25 PM..
Old 02-14-2010, 03:46 AM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bat View Post
We found Ned a great home!

Now I have "Nuxy" a 6 month old stray that we picked up from the shelter about 2 weeks ago.

He's a cool little guy (about 29 lbs.) with lots of puppy energy. I'm working on crate training with him now. He does pretty well.
Do you still have this little guy. He is sooo cute! I would like a pit I have had a few in the past. I really would like a younger dog. I have two kids and would like to have a dog to grow up with and be close to my kids. I am willing to drive to pick up.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 PM
Recruit

I know this may be a long shot, but-

Anyone in Alabama, specifically in the Clanton-Montgomery area that would like to adopt?

I live right on the city-county line and we ALWAYS get strays... people dumping them out because we're the first dirt road they come across before they hit the city limits (the city recently paved it though... so, yay? It hasn't stopped the dumping problem though for some reason.) Today, I came home to 2 pit bulls in my yard... a full grown GORGEOUS male blonde and a CUTE ASS puppy, almost adolescent brindle male... not sure if they're related, but obviously of the same pack. They're extremely well mannered and awesome. I'm already completely head over heels in love with both of them, but I can't keep them because I have 2 dogs of my own in my family (one is territorial - Akita) and they don't do well with additional dogs.

If I don't find their owners or anyone to adopt, I'll have to take them to the Humane Society and I REALLY don't wish to do that. Anyone willing to help out?
Old 12-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Private

The rescue I work with is the only one in our area that will accept pit bulls. We found this guy, which we have named Brutus, in a trailer park that is well known for being involved in pit bull fighting. His owner has been beating him daily with metal poles and wooden sticks, but he is still a gentle giant. The dog is very sweet, great with kids, cats, and other dogs. I am guessing he is about a year old. male of course. VERY male, needs to be neutered. He is a very sweet guy, when his owner was beating another dog with a pole, Brutus tried to save him, he hates to see other dogs get hurt. He has a very interesting coat pattern, with brindle spots, although he does have a few scars on his muzzle, but we are assuming that is due to the owner. Our fosters are full and there is no where else for him to go, so we need to find a forever home, or even a foster for him. Free to good home, he just wants love. We are located in Pilot Mountain, NC, which is right over the line from Virginia. Please contact me at 336-756-9406, email crimson_lullaby87@yahoo.com, or the rescue owner Sherry at 336-648-9053

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/NC701.html

Last edited by tearXawayXsmiles; 12-08-2010 at 09:49 AM..
Old 05-06-2011, 10:40 PM
Private

Toby was born early February 2011. He is a male mixed breed. His mix is a mystery at this point, although Amstaff is likely. He is up to date on his vaccines and has been de-wormed. He loves to play and cuddle. He is good with children and other pets. If you are interested please contact me at crimson_lullaby87@yahoo.com cell 336-756-9406 or check us out on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sec...19565668078717

Second Chance Animal Adoption
Mt. Airy NC
501-c non profit

Tags
adopt, animal