Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 06-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Private

Default Painless tattoo ink?

I came across this recently, and I was wondering if this is a good idea:

https://www.internationaltattoosuppl...oz-p-2700.html

Not that I would even consider buying this ink, since I am content with Intenze, Eternal and Fusion; but just curious if it is possible to add powdered lidocaine to existing tattoo ink. I've seen sites that sell powdered lidocaine and benzocaine by the gram, and wondered if it's a good idea or just bad all around to add it to the ink i already use (such as a tribal black).

I know that "painless tattooing" would be more desirable for many customers, and I have used some numbing sprays on longer tattoo sessions that seem to get them though the rough times. But then again, getting the right ratios and consistencies would be hard to do, especially since I am not a chemist nor do I make my own ink. No to mention, some people would have sensitivites to it, especially those who have hypotension, or allergies to benzocaines or lidocaines. I have heard it is possible to OD on lidocaine too.

Any thoughts on this? All sarcasm aside, I'm just curious if anyone has tried this or if it's just a bad idea.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Private

Default Re: Painless tattoo ink?

I've seen quite a few minor skin reactions to products with lidocaine in, so really don't think it's a great idea to actually put it in the ink.

And surely it wouldn't be any different to using something like bactine and it wouldn't stop it hurting. It would just numb it slightly for a while and then ware off after about 20min.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 11:27 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

the same person that complains about the tattoo hurting is usually the same one that can never decide on the tattoo they want and when they get it, they usually want it covered after 6 months, tattoo f@#king hurt, and i wouldnt use that s&!t, johnny is right, injecting it under the skin when neither person is truly aware of any allergies is a bad idea, just my 2cents

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 06-13-2011, 09:49 AM
Private

Thanks for the input. I was leery of this stuff, and now I am convinced that it is a bad idea. Just needed some validation about it.

The only thing I've used is the Vasocaine that Kingpin sells, only on customers that I know very well who are sitting for several hours, and I do ask if they have ever had any reactions to benzocaine, tetracaine and lidocaine. I have a co-worker that uses Dermoplast, and I'm not comfortable with using that either, considering what might be the propellant in that spray (and I checked their website on that one, and they state it's flammable, and nothing more) I would never offer any numbing agents to new customers, especially those who are getting that little "live, laugh, love" tattoo that they're crying over in front of their friends.

I am very cautious with customer's safety and health. I also do ask prospective customers with certain medical conditions to be advised by their doctor first, and to get the doctor to write a note that we can keep on file with their release form stating that it is ok to be tattooed (especially someone with epilepsy, diabetes, or any autoimmune disorders like lupus) as I would not want to harm anyone during the tattoo procedure, and that the healing process will not interfere with thier condition. I also have nitrile gloves and non-latex tape for those that have latex allergies. So I do care about their saftey at all times.

But thanks for the input. I just wanted to know if anyone had tried that ink, and I wanted to make sure that it was or was not safe. So thank you!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:09 AM
Recruit

I have tried this and it is really very good concept of such kind of painless ink.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:45 AM
Private

When clients act scared I offer them painless ink. I then explain that ALL ink is painless, its the needle that's gonna hurt lol.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:47 AM
Private

But you know I'm a d**k anyway huh Grits? Hahahahahahaha
Old 01-29-2013, 12:49 PM
Private

Talking Re: Painless tattoo ink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickazzink View Post
When clients act scared I offer them painless ink. I then explain that ALL ink is painless, its the needle that's gonna hurt lol.
I think you just like the "hurtin' people" part of this job!

Tags
ink, lidocaine, numb, numbing, pain, painless, tattoo