Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 06-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Private

Default healing ?

I got some new tats on the top of the feet back on the 7th..they have yet to heal and peel the way they should..do the tops of the feet normally take a lil longer? The first couple days I didn't wear anything but flip flops and I have to wear protective shoes at work..so could this be the reason for them takin so long? thought I'd ask you guys...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 12:17 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: healing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huunydawn View Post
I got some new tats on the top of the feet back on the 7th..they have yet to heal and peel the way they should..do the tops of the feet normally take a lil longer? The first couple days I didn't wear anything but flip flops and I have to wear protective shoes at work..so could this be the reason for them takin so long? thought I'd ask you guys...
i would go to the artist that did it and let him know whats going on. you dont have to be rude, but let him know your worried.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Field Marshal

could they have peeld in your socks douring the day????
Old 06-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatch View Post
could they have peeld in your socks douring the day????
na uh darlin...still hard and you can feel the scabs on them..my girl has already finished peelin and i've had these longer...it's weird..dont likie...how was your weekend snatch??
Old 06-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Field Marshal

Unhappy Re: healing ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huunydawn View Post
na uh darlin...still hard and you can feel the scabs on them..my girl has already finished peelin and i've had these longer...it's weird..dont likie...how was your weekend snatch??
it was good...worked arround the house saturday, and went for a motorcycle ride sunday and took my nephew swimming.... sorry to hear about your feet.... dont know what to say about your feets...........
Old 06-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Private

I may be way off here but I have a one on my wrist, that did the same thing. I pretty much had to keep it covered at all times and it was more or less always dry because of what I covered it with. ( a wrist band, I know I know. Bad.) It healed ok, could use a touch up though.Could they be getting dry in your shoes? Would dryness even cause the dry hard stuff? I dunno just thought Id throw that one out there.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:19 AM
Field Marshal

you moisturizing enough, the feet are tricky areas, i normally don't even give a guestimate for how long it might take to peel and heal i'd say give it til the weekend then consult with the artist that did it
Old 06-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Corporal

Not only when getting some ink in the hard to heal areas,but with any tattoo its a good idea to try and take a couple days off to let the tattoo get off to a good start when healing.I know alot of people have jobs to keep,and its unavoidable,but you know.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Private

thanks for the input guys...I'll wait a lil longer and see what happens...
Old 06-25-2008, 10:42 AM
Private

I used to wonder what the best way to heal a tattoo was...but here is what I have learned. Sometimes it is all about the artist. Every tattoo I get from Tim heals like his last and I know how to take care of it. Everything I get from short heals is like 4 days tops. Some guys beat the s&!t out of you when they tattoo you and you need to baby that tattoo those first 3 days especially. If I have gotten a big piece I will wash it once in the morning, once mid-day, and right before I go to bed. I am always sure to have clean or gloved hands when touching the piece. After I clean it I pat it dry gently with a paper towel. Then I apply a very liberal coat of aqauphor. The larger pieces I will wrap at night when I sleep so the ole' bed sheets don't do any unwanted damage. After 3 days I will not wrap it again. I still wash it at the same times and use aquaphor...just no more wrapping at night. After the first 5 days I swap over to Eucerin lotion. If anyone on here has met me then you know I have some gangster ass tattoos that the guys here at A.o.N. have hooked me up with. So...take a good look at them...they all healed great. You also have to keep in mind your skin is different than mine...so healing is a formula. Figure your skin out...and figure out how to heal your tattoos for each artist you get tattooed by.

Thats all folks...

Raiden

Tags
healing