Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 07-19-2009, 03:04 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

I learned who Quiet Riot was through those movies.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufferkiller View Post
I learned who Quiet Riot was through those movies.
damn im old, LOL
Old 07-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Private

Just one of the things I did at the shop. Feedback would be great. I know its a little on the dark side but basically he wanted a realistic apple to fill in a spot within existing work.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...ppleaddon1.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/6318801/photo...2185797?page=1
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 08:22 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Red face Re: Post your work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarT View Post
damn im old, LOL
Nah, I'm just young.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Corporal

This is my first cover-up -- this guy was scarred up pretty bad by someone, all raised lines and shtuff. What your seeing under the stencil in the "before" photo is actually supposed to be a deck of cards with teh 4 aces flipping up and a bunch of fire or smoke or something coming off the deck. Sorry about the less than terrefic photos, this guy wanted to do the whole thing in one sitting, so I didn't have the heart to f with him too much to get better shots! As always, comments and criticism are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

before

Left side

center

right

Last edited by FATSOS; 07-20-2009 at 09:18 PM..
Old 07-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Private

Just joined the site thought I'd post a few things.

Dog portrait from cell pic.

Bomb Bear (Flash Piece)

Halloween

Clown (Flash Piece) I know there are dried blood spots should have cleaned it better before the pic was taken.

Skull ( Flash Piece )

Frontosa Chichlid

Face I did on the back of my Right Hand , yes I'm a lefty. Sorry for the s&!tty pic.

I know I'm not AON level but I did order the DVDs today.
I figured I could order "The Whole Enchilada Vol. 1 & 2" and try to improve my tattooing or send for one of those "Make Millions on eBay" DVDs I think I made the right choice.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:34 AM
Corporal

I feel your tattoos would benefit from some backgrounds, and the way the dog is abrubtly ended is a bit unatural looking, like some kind of weird collar almost. Dont rush things take your time, dont be ashamed to turn away something that you know is beyond you, dont hide from progression, but I feel the frustration that comes overstepping you current ability level can stiffle forward progress as sure as not pushing yourself at all.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:18 AM
Private

Solomon thanks for those observations , I know I need to work on backrounds they never were my thing even when I draw I tend to work on the main elements and either do no backround or just do something minimal to fill the gaps.And I do tend to rush sometimes especially if I have people waiting.And I've had a customer mention sometimes if I could fade/blend the edges of a design.
And hopefully the things in the DVDs will help me kick up my ability level some along with helping me to improve my designing I hope.
The guys at the shops I've worked ( till now ) at were members of the old guard line,shade,fill done,next. Things like calligraphic lines, textures and such were just not done so I would pick up things from the magazines from time to time and try to figure out how they were done.
Although I admit my mentor has moved along with the times, sadly my contact with him has been limited to brief visits ( a hour or two ) and the occasional phone call.
But I've always striven to be better, hence my posting here for critique and tryin' to acquire more knowledge by way of books and things like the DVDs.
Solomon thanx again.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Field Marshal

yes the info in the dvds will directly apply to many of the issues I see here, watch em a few times, do some artwork and post those! lets see the difference.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Private

You got it.
Thanx for having a look at my stuff.
Last order update said it was processing, so I figure I'll be getting contacted soon for confirmation of working at a shop and whatnot.

Tags
post, work