Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > All or Nothing Pitbull Rescue > All or Nothing for the Underdog

Old 04-16-2012, 05:34 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Default Still Think Pit Bulls are Bad? Here's One That Took a Bullet for His Owner

Still Think Pit Bulls are Bad? Here's One That Took a Bullet for His Owner

Kilo is doing fine, and now his owner is working for the dog water bowl company that paid Kilo's $2,200 vet bill.

Justin Becker experienced two miracles in a month: the first was when his heroic pit bull Kilo survived a bullet in the head when the dog defended him against a gun wielding thug during an attempted home invasion.

The second came a few days later, when the owner of a Staten Island company selling stay-cool water bowls for dogs paid Kilo's $2,200 vet bill, and gave Becker a job with the firm.

And April is only half over.

It all started on Saturday, April 4, when a man dressed in a FedEx uniform rang the bell to Becker's Staten island apartment and tried to force his way in. That's when Becker saw the gun.

"I pushed him back out of the door as hard as I could. He fell down in the doorway and Kilo immediately went after him," Becker said.

The criminal escaped, but not before a shot rang out and Becker realized Kilo had been hit. He rushed the dog to the South Shore Animal Hospital, where vets discovered the bullet miraculously missed doing any permanent damage. Kilo was going to be OK.

Even so, Becker was hit with a $2,200 vet bill that was rough going for the cash-strapped man.

Another Staten Island resident and dog lover, Andrew Lanter, was nearby, selling the FroBo, his own invention of a stay-cool pet water dish when he heard about Becker and Kilo's heroic rescue.

Lanter donated a few water bowls to Kilo, and after talking to his partners, they decided to foot the bill for Kilo's vet care. Kilo has since become the FroBo 'spokesdog' for their Coolest Pet contest.

The story doesn't end here. Becker was in need of a job, and Lanter offered him a position as FroBo's Staten Island sale rep.

"I thought, this couldn’t be more perfect – this guy is clearly passionate about dogs, he’s newly passionate about our pet bowl, he has an incredible dog who is now our spokesdog, he needs a job, and I need a Staten Island sales rep", Lanter said in a statement.

What do you think about pitbulls? Are they great dogs, or dangerous to be around? Take our poll and tell us!

http://woodbridge.patch.com/articles...-for-his-owner

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, bullet, bulls, owner, pit