Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-20-2011, 01:38 AM
Recruit

Default Need info on ink!

ok so I've been noticing that EVERYONE (and their mother) uses a different kind of ink.

I'm pretty fresh at this, so experienced artists, your input is great.

which pigments age the best?
I mean obviously all pigments fade slightly over time, I just want to know which pigments seem to last better.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 06:17 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: Need info on ink!

it depends more on technique and needle choice than brand, unless you get your s&!t from superior. i like waverly and electric, but everybody is different and there is no super ink!!!!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:11 AM
Private

Eternal and fusion are brilliant! Eternal has a huuuuge colour pallete!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:23 AM
Private

Everyone has there favorites. I dont know anyone who strictly uses one brand.
I can give you a couple good ones
Black - I like Dynamic or National
Pink - Starbright
Red - Eternal
Blue - I like Phat Cat Colors
----that was to show you how mix matched it is
Old 01-25-2012, 05:56 AM
X Project Tattoo
Corporal

Dont give yourself a hardtime looking or asking others what's best.. You might just get BS with most of the answers.. Go with Dynamic for black and Starbrite or Intenze for your color pigments.. Yes there are few good colors with Eternal or Fusion BUT not all of their lineup so for you you to avoid wasting so much time in finding what's good or best brand, just go with what I mentioned first, I can confidently say that MOST of their colors are amazing.. Just try Starbrite from Tommy's and you won't regret it..
Old 01-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

The only way to find what works best for you, try lots of different stuff. I can already hear some people saying what a waste of money, just buy x type ink, it works best, blah blah blah. Any company should have sample sizes, like a set of 1 oz bottles, buy a sample set from 2 different companies you interested in, and in a few weeks buy from a couple more, compare, make notes, what goes in easier, what heals better, then compare notes, theres your answer. Buy bigger bottles of the colors you like from the companies you like.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:52 PM
Corporal

right now im using waverly with some starbrite colors, i've been thinking about trying eternal.

i tried electric and although it goes in fast and looks bright it has absolutely no hold up to the sun. i did some beautiful tats with them then 2 months later they looked like s&!t, and these same people have tats by me which i used waverly and they still looked awesome.

any one noticed this with electric? like their sky blue turning a mucky ass doodoo blue.it seems to turn dark and muted.

anyway...waverly for the win,wish they had more colors, and that the japanese pink didnt dry out in 2 months.
Old 01-26-2012, 09:57 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso View Post
Dont give yourself a hardtime looking or asking others what's best.. You might just get BS with most of the answers.. Go with Dynamic for black and Starbrite or Intenze for your color pigments.. Yes there are few good colors with Eternal or Fusion BUT not all of their lineup so for you you to avoid wasting so much time in finding what's good or best brand, just go with what I mentioned first, I can confidently say that MOST of their colors are amazing.. Just try Starbrite from Tommy's and you won't regret it..
dude i used starbrite from 2001-2006 , and still use some colors today, but i've had many probems with several of thier colors, has anyone had trouble with thier orange ink dissapearing after a couple years? i know that it did bad back in the day.

since i switched to waverly ive had no problems
Old 01-27-2012, 12:29 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

I have a spot on my arm that used to have starbright orange in it. Same arm, same tattooer, unique orange put in before the starbright, still bright orange.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:53 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by brenthale View Post
The only way to find what works best for you, try lots of different stuff. I can already hear some people saying what a waste of money, just buy x type ink, it works best, blah blah blah. Any company should have sample sizes, like a set of 1 oz bottles, buy a sample set from 2 different companies you interested in, and in a few weeks buy from a couple more, compare, make notes, what goes in easier, what heals better, then compare notes, theres your answer. Buy bigger bottles of the colors you like from the companies you like.
I 2nd that. I use a lot of starbrite. Some eternal. A couple mellinium. I'm about to order some waverly colors. I use Bill's dark black and love it so i want to give his colors a shot. I'm also thinking of ordering some fantasia colors as well.

Tags
info, ink