Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2009, 01:29 AM
Private

Default Tattoos correcting medical problems

So I am just wondering if anyone else has had a medical problem lessened or corrected by tattoos?
In 2004 I was a .50cal gunner in Iraq and multiple roadside bombs left me with partial paralysis in my right arm and hand. Since then I have not been able to feel my ring and pinky fingers in my right hand and have had bad involuntary tremors/shaking in my right hand that progresses into my entire arm. In 2006 I had surgery on my right shoulder, and like most Army surgeries, it made my problem worse.
However, a couple of months ago I got a tattoo on the inside of my lower right arm and for the first time in years I felt tingling in my fingers. Since then I have been experiencing increased sensation in my hand. The tremors/shaking have decreased.
I have tried everything from accupuncture and meditation to bee sting therapy to surgery..... when all along the answer was a tattoo.
This weekend we are getting started on a sleeve on my right arm and I cannot wait to see if I gain back more feeling!

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? I do know several people that get a small tattoo whenever they have a migraine coming on and it relieves the migraine.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Craig Harris
Corporal

Default Re: Tattoos correcting medical problems

Thats very interesting, i`ve never heard of that before........eitherway keep us posted if it does make your hand get anymore feeling in it.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:28 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

that sounds like some 60 minutes tv show sh!t there son! Hope it works!!!!!!

Christopher McCandless
Old 05-13-2009, 12:37 PM
Private

LOL. Im a girl, but thanks!
Old 05-13-2009, 12:56 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmariani View Post
LOL. Im a girl, but thanks!
sorry......GOOD LUCK though!!!

Christopher McCandless
Old 05-13-2009, 05:00 PM
Field Marshal

sounds like the nerves just needed a jump start. keep us posted
Old 05-14-2009, 01:42 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

There was a lady on Guiness World record's (the show) when I was a kid. She was covered from head to toe in ink, and said that it started after she developed an allergy to the sun. Apparently the tattooed skin didn't have the reaction the rest of her skin did, so she started getting more and more.

That stuck with me, but I can never find pictures of the lady. She had a lot of blue ink and a mickey mouse tattoo that she'd turned into a picture of Elvis.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:48 AM
Private

I think I heard about that! Sounds vaguely familiar. I think its pretty interesting that its happening, I just hope it continues!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:40 PM
Corporal

Im not a neuro surgeon, but i stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night :P

I have some nerve damage from various injuries and i was told by the docs that nerve tissue takes the longest to grow back, it could be that the tattoo just coincided with the normal regeneration, but it would be freakin awesome if it was due to you getting tattooed!

Thank you for your Service Ma'am!
Old 05-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Private

Maybe you should also try some acupuncture as well. Sounds like maybe you are hitting the right spots with the tattoo machine.

Tags
correcting, medical, problems, tattoos