Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 08-16-2007, 05:09 AM
Field Marshal

Default Kat Von D Hannah A Kim Corrie and LA Ink

just curious about your thoughts on that show and all - when we get back from the film festival I will tell you guys the real truth its just going to take me several hours to put together all the photos and text - and its 5 am and Im packing or repacking really home from LA and leaving for KY urghghghgh I have a fever and strep throat too - dope huh?

we were just curious about your thoughts!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Kat Von D Hannah A Kim Corrie and LA Ink

ps we had a blast wait till you see the photos and home movies that we cannot use on VOL 2 of see you in hell which is tentatively titles BURNING BOTH ENDS - anyways will will make a "behind the scenes" youtube video of our trip to the shop in LA upon my return
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 05:21 AM
Corporal

as I stated in the "the rumors are true post", exposure to artists of Brandons stature, and seeing the work of Hannah, Corey and Kim can only elevate this art form. Surely after seeing the quality of this work more people are going to want bigger, more detailed, more expensive pieces of work done.

as I see it, this exposure can only benefit us all.
Old 08-16-2007, 05:27 AM
Corporal

The whine from Kat Von D is about killing me. Sure she's hot, but she whines like a spoiled brat. I'm hoping I can get over the whinning to enjoy seeing what artwork they dump out.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Corporal

I just get the feeling that the whole thing is fake, I mean everybody getting pissed off that the shop wasnt done yet just looked fake to me, and her just sitting around the shop in her bikini, but the artists around her are awesome, so maybe at least we will see some good tattoos coming from there.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Private

Wink Re: Kat Von D Hannah A Kim Corrie and LA Ink

I like Hannah and she's why I'm tuning in. Her pin-ups are amazing! Kat used to be one of my favs but she seems a bit too high on herself at her age(I guess she has the right but I still see her youngness), not exploring other aspects and styles-just sticking with portraits seems like a stand still as an artist. Plus she's always working in B&G and I'd love to see her pump out more color! I am a fan of the show. I'd love to be where they are at their careers as women. They rock! But AON is still my favorite!!

GRRRRRL POWER Y'ALL!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 12:32 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Remember it's TV people. I'm pretty sure they have about 1% of the say of what is shot and what airs. I know Chris Garver had a big problem with that on Miami Ink and you saw it alittle in some shows. He was tired of tattooing fairies because people had some sad story behind it but thats what the producers want. Brandon even said he was approached about a reality show but turned it down because he wouldn't have enough say on how the show represented him, his people, or his shop(parapharasing). I watch them both, not for the stories, but for the tattooing. And to see LA Ink seeming to be into inviting the best to guest spot, people that i probably will never get to see tattoo live, well i'm all for it. Chris Garver and Brandon Bond are 2 of the best and i probably will never be able to get ink from them so i look forward to seeing them draw on other people on TV. Hopefully after Brandon represents AON at LA Ink and people from all over the world see just how badass he is, he'll never be able to retire from the ink game......well not before i get my ass in gear and make an appointment!

But if you tell me you inked a fairy on someone Brandon them i'm cancelling my account, well unless the fairy was eating a reese cup after just cutting the head off a carebear......REESE CUPS RULE!!!!!!

Last edited by terryhaddon; 08-16-2007 at 12:41 PM..
Old 08-16-2007, 03:08 PM
Private

I watch the show to check out that Pixie chick. She is F-ing hot. With all the eye candy set aside, I think the quality of the work is much better in LA than in Miami. But I'm tired of the sob stories. I want to see someone get a tattoo because its a cool design or something, not because their dog went into a coma during an operation.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:22 PM
Private

I stated my opinion in the other thread. Here I will say that I would like to see some one shave kats head.

My opinion is that the show is a joke and a complete embarrassment to the tattooing industry. I feel very bad for you true artist living real lives, and having to watch that whinnying Hollywood Kat and her back alley minions.

Hey maybe AON should get a photo booth too. That would just be "gnarly"
Old 08-16-2007, 08:18 PM
Private

The show does seem a little acted out, but what show doesn't. The whole LA this and LA that is kind of annoying. They really drive Hollywood and LA down your throat. But I will watch every week because I enjoy watching the tattooing being done. Corey does sick work(even though that last chest piece he did for that drummer guy, corey seemed to have a snooty attitude with him. maybe the guy was being annoying, but they didn't show that.) Kat is awesome, but Hannah takes the cake. She reminds me of a female Chris Garver. Almost like she can do ANYTHING great.

Tags
corrie, hannah, ink, kat, kim, von