Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 11-16-2008, 10:38 PM
Member: Old School
Private

Default Re: lip tattoos

After 37 years, the only thing I can think of is that there are a lot of blood vessels in the lip so moving a little faster would prevent the ink/needle from being in one place too long. I've had better then average results in this manner. and I try not to get to detailed in the design. But most people only want a name anyway.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:58 AM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2gothgirl View Post
i got one yesterday and half of it already fell out. it was the first one my tattoo artist ever did even thought hes tattooed for many years but hes denied every one who's came in his shop asking so i was kinda his test subject but i have much respect for him and trust him. im going back this weekend for him to try it again. the thing he used a 1 liner and i told him to use a bigger one next time. here's my question can any artist who knows the tricks to get them to stay (as good as possible) pm me so i can pass on the info to my artist this weekend? it would be much appreciated and i will post pics saturday after i go back
a one in the mouth!? ouch! why does he hate you?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:53 PM
Corporal

it was the first tattoo hes done on the inner lip. it didnt hurt at all...i figured he didnt go deep enough? my fiances lip tattoo looks good and hes had it for almost 3 years now
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:36 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2gothgirl View Post
it was the first tattoo hes done on the inner lip. it didnt hurt at all...i figured he didnt go deep enough? my fiances lip tattoo looks good and hes had it for almost 3 years now
haha ya if it dosent hurt then its not right. the only thing i know is that on my lip the lines that felt like they were being put into my chin THROUGH my lip are the only ones that are still there.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Corporal

yeah im a pain freak anyways so i told him to go deeper and i didnt care if it hurts. ive been doing a lot of research on how to heal it so it looks the best possible now im just waiting to have it gone over...these 5 days are gonna drag by
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 11:48 AM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

i think for healing you just need to try and keep it dry for the first hour or so so the skin can heal over it. although it would be kinda wierd to hold your lip out for a while. also the fact that i went out drinkin beers the night that i got it don prob dosent help.
Old 11-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Corporal

haha yeah i've read to keep it as dry as possible for the first few days! espically at night, so i guess im gonna stock up on gauze and cotton balls for my cheeks and under my tongue. now i've got to get some advice to pass to my artist on what he can do to make it come out the best possible. like i said this was the first he did, and i had to beg him to do it! he's also my mentor so while he's learning this i am too

Tags
lip, tattoos