Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 04-19-2010, 02:12 AM
Corporal

Default Re: Just Cause YOu Tattoo Doesn't Mean You Have To Look Like It..., Does It?

How are you going to sell a product that you, yourself, do not endorse?
Dude just get the f@#k out.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:36 AM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Just Cause YOu Tattoo Doesn't Mean You Have To Look Like It..., Does It?

I wonder if he is still tattooing, or if he quit.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:41 AM
Field Marshal

ive known a couple of artists with no, or not many tattoos, and ive been tattooed by them. its whatever floats your boat. sure its a little weird, but if you have the art to back it up then its hard to deny the talent of an artist thats limited in tattoos. as far as doing them, but not liking them...that is a little bit of a weird enigma as to why someone would even want to get involved....but as for good tattoos and none.. check out anil gupta for example...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Angel of Death
Corporal

I didn't read through this whole thread but i did see brandon posted something like "You would learn a lot by getting tattooed"

You don't have to look like a "tattooist" but I have learned more from being tattooed than i could ever learn in a forum! Artists share things with each other and even with people like me when they are tattooing them! It also can show you how others stretch certain areas while tattooing and how can you be sensitive to the needs of your client if you haven't at least experienced some of the pain and discomfort that you are putting them through?

I have a professional job and am visibly tattooed! I have put up with a lot of crap over the 27 years I have been a tattooed woman. There are different stigmas attached to being a moderately to heavily tattooed woman. It's a little different for men but I don't think i would want to be tattooed by someone that doesn't really understand what it feels like to live as a tattooed person! And it has gotten a lot better in the last 6-7 years because it's in the media as there is some acceptance! Don't confuse this with me liking it in the media because I am not a fan of that...but it is what it is!

Now there are a lot of heavily tattooed people that can put on a shirt, tie, and suit and you would never know they were tattooed! A lot of the older tattooists are like that! no one is asking you to get your hands or neck done but you should at least know what it is to live as a tattooed person! If not i would just assume you are doing this for all the wrong reasons!

I do know of one woman that has been tattooing for well over 20 years and has no tattoos at all! She married a tattoo artist that is no longer with us (RIP) but he taught her to tattoo and she owns two shops now including the second oldest in the country! I have considered letting her tattoo me because her hubby had tattooed me BUT she is probably the only exception to this rule AND she probably put in a worse true apprenticeship under her hubby than anyone else would have...so in my opinion she has earned the right to say she doesn't want to wear tattoos!

Just my opinions...take what you like, and leave what you don't!
Tattooed Sweethearts

Last edited by Bunny; 04-19-2010 at 08:11 AM..
Old 04-19-2010, 08:45 AM
Private

I know this is a super old thread.

But just to play devils advocate, check out Sean Beck. He works out of Wilmington NC. He has basically one tattoo (superman symbol on his forearm - about 2 inches tall) - and hes really dope.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Corporal

I don't see how one could have 0 tattoo but want to tattoo. I don't thinkone needs to have neck hands or even any visible tattoos...but you definatly need a tattoo to study what the f@#k goes on.

peace
Old 04-20-2010, 11:08 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

I think somewhere in the thread he mentioned having some tattoos, just not any that were visible.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Recruit

idk i have read through this thread a bunch and i really dont know how to take this kid. None of his story adds up to me. But i will say this I f@#king cant stand the words tat, tatted, tatting, inked, etc. Every hillbilly and their brother puts on their icp shirt and decides to be cool and go to the "tat" shop and get some "ink" of some sick tribal or kanji with flames. UGH UGH UGH UGH! ok i am finished. Kind of lost the point. either way i think he just bought unimax kit and is trying to look cool. Thats all. Just the way it sounds to me.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Platoon Sargent

I could care less if someone has tattoos. If they're a good artist and do great work, good enough for me. I think it's a stupid way to decide whether to let someone tattoo you.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Recruit

oh and agreed. on if someone has tattoos or not. There is an artist in Jonesboro AR named Freddie at a shop called black arrow tattoo. Amazing tattooer. Gotten alot of work done by him. And really he doesnt have alot of visible tattoos. Mostly because either he hasnt had the time or been able to go to the people he wants to tattoo him. But either way he is a great example of an artist that isnt covered in tattoos but puts out very solid work.

Tags
tattoo