Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 12-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Recruit

Default Re: MACHINE CLEANING

Scary isn't it. The chances are slim of catching a virus due to the atomization, but people win the lottery every day.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Corporal

nicely put. and very scary. ever get a needle prick? what happens if it doesnt draw blood?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Recruit

I'm sure that you will get many different responses for that situation. Mine is to squeeze like hell under warm running water, if it still doesn't bleed then wash it thouroughly with an antimicrobial soap and forget about it. If it didn't reach your bloodstream you have as much of a chance of contracting a virus as drinking from the same glass as an hiv patient. Not worth worrying about. If you are still worried, go to the emergency room and let them know that you have had a needle stick. They probably won't do anything if there was no blood... But there is a whole series of injections that they can give you {which will make you feel like $hit for a few days} that will most likley prevent you from actually contracting anything.
Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 PM
Corporal

yea i heard about those injections.. wish they had a hallucination effect..ha . no but thats worth canceling a few appointments for safety.. so your saying if i cant squeeze any blood out of the prick then dont worry. i have seen some that leave some faint lines from a mag but then go away the next day.. there was no blood either..
Old 12-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Corporal

can you give me some advice about this thread i created here :
http://allornothingtattoo.com/forums...ead.php?t=1915
Old 12-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximum View Post
Can someone explain to me how you clean your machines after each tattoo?
this is my first post and i came here to read, and found an article stating that machines cannot go into an autoclave. i also saw a couple posts where
machines were sold to (up and coming artist?) who i would assume dont have a complete education in cross contamination. i want to be able to ask my artist with me already knowing the correct answer. i am sure your answer will be benefiting others also considering i could not find any topics relating to it.. thnks in advance.
There is a new product line of disposable wipes on the market now that kills just about all the germs we have to worry about in our biz..The Brand Name is Super Sani-Cloth Wipes,,They come in a 160 ct. tub ,,I wipe everything down with these,wait about 5 minutes, and then go back and wipe it all again with a alcohol soaked paper towel.I don't ust machine bags but I do use clipcord covers and another bag for the clip end of the coed,,no matter tho' as it ALL gets wiped with the germ killing clothes,and every other day I use this industrial strength germ killer to spray everything down,Hospitals use this s&!t by the 30 gallon barrel and it kills everything!!
Old 12-21-2007, 02:48 PM
Private

This s&!t is freaking me out. One time I was tattooing a friend and got poked to the point where to this day I have a very faint little dot on the side of my finger. How do you bag a machine and not the needle bar, seems like that would be a major pain in the ass. Also, with these medicines(in case you get poked) , does every hospital offer them, and how long of a time frame do we have to get them?

Tags
cleaning, machine