Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Weaksauce
Corporal

Default Bibles should come with a disclaimer

I would sure like to see these dislaimers. It may make the world a better place.

Last edited by 561design; 07-30-2007 at 03:10 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Bibles should come with a disclaimer

hahahaha... thats good stuff
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 03:33 PM
Platoon Sargent

If you like that....check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBZQfAYfH7s

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Old 07-30-2007, 07:23 PM
Private

That thing is way more dangerous than any cigarette I've ever smoked. They deffinatly need a warning on there just like a pack of cigarettes.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:03 PM
crocmaster
Corporal

as a christian myself, i totally disagree (of course)
the problem isn't with the bible itself, its lies in the fallicy of human nature
too many people claiming to be christian nowdays are extremely arrogant, judgemental, and hypocritical. none of that comes anywhere near what the bible says about how you should live and treat others. many churches as a whole are just as bad as the individuals. and yes historically many people posing as christians have slaughtered others "in the name of God" but that was a crusade led by the catholic church. catholicism is as far from christianity as any other major religion, because they go against everything that biblically makes you christian.
at the same time before crusades though christians themselves were being slaughtered on a daily basis for their beliefs and they stood by them. therefore in respect to people like that i would be insulting them by not retorting in some way
I hear it every day, someone who is supposed to be my friend criticizing my beliefs in front of me knowing that it has to offend me in some way
it may not be directed at me but it is still irritating. I don't criticize anyone who doesn't share my beliefs and i do not try to force them on anyone
also, christian or not, anyone who says that the bible is a complete work of fiction obviously doesn't know their history. every major story in the bible coencides with specific times and places in history
examples:
-shortly after the birth of jesus it is a historical fact that king herod commanded the mass slaughter of male infants
-every ancient nation of the world has recorded history of a great flood
-ancient biblical cities and landmarks have been discovered and many still exist today
also to deny the existence of jesus of nazareth is completely ignorant
our whole timeline is based on his life and death, he was crucified on roman controlled land, under orders of pontious pilat , who was also a real person, and he had a tomb which has already been discovered
I don't expect anyone to believe the faith based aspects of the bible just because i do. but, like one of the reasons we don't swear on the message board (which doesn't bother me, but it might bother some people) I do expect people to show other others the respect they deserve and not ridicule their beliefs.
thanks
jeff (of course)
Old 07-31-2007, 01:46 PM
Field Marshal

yeah you guys start burning folks religions on here and your simply going to alientate a very wonderful demographic for us??? I personally am not a christian either, however many of my clients, friends, and staff are... religion is one of the most sacred and fundamental beliefs in many peoples lives, threfore there is no reason in this particular venue to ridicule or incite trouble fellas???
Old 07-31-2007, 02:19 PM
Corporal

personally I just thought it was kinda funny, I didnt mean any disrespect on anybodys religion with my post.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:20 PM
Field Marshal

its all good I thought it was funny too.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Platoon Sargent

>personally I just thought it was kinda funny, I didnt mean any disrespect on anybodys religion with my post.

Me too. Heck I was raised Catholic.

And on a serious note, I hope there is still room for some lighthearted joking around in the religious community.

"I find it difficult to learn from any religious leader who is not a joyful person"
-Dalai Lama.

http://www.inkednation.com/parabellum9x19
Old 07-31-2007, 03:06 PM
crocmaster
Corporal

I don't mind joking either its just that there has been an excess of comments lately and i just felt the need to speak up
sorry if i sounded really angry, just trying to speak my mind

Tags
bibles, disclaimer