Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Recruit

Default Yet another ink question

So I need to get new ink for basically all my colors but none of the sets are very appealing to me, hoping to hear some opinions/advice on individual colors...

I've mostly used a mixture of waverly, starbright and dynamic for my inks...For red/crimson red Ive used both waverly and dynamic and thought both were ok, preferred the dynamic crimson slightly but wasn't blown away...any suggestions for red?

different shades of green ive primarily used starbrite and some millenium for the lighter minty shades. Like the starbrite lime green a lot but would like to hear other peoples preference on different greens, ive heard good things about all prima greens.

from light to dark shades of blue ive tried waverly, starbrite and millenium and haven't been too keen on any of them. I think I may have actually gotten a bad bottle of blue from waverly because that was honestly the worst ink ive ever used-tried running my machines all sorts of ways to experiment with it but i had terrible results with everything i tried using the waverly blue and always ended up stopping in the middle of the tattoo and pouring a different blue. I've seen tattoos healed with waverly blue that looked great and have used other waverly colors that came out awesome (magenta especially) so i wouldnt be surprised at all if i just got a bad bottle. Lately I've seen a few tattoos with healed blue by fantasia and dermaglo and thought those looked a step above most blues ive seen...blue suggestions?

The purple/pink/magenta/violet type colors ive tried the most different brands from (starbrite,waverly,millenium,dynamic), I used to like starbrite bubblegum pink a lot but they seems like theyre making it differently now (not as bright as i remember but maybe its just me). I thought starbrite purples and magenta shades were ok and that the waverly colors for these shades were pretty good, with the magenta being great imo. ...Your guys' favorites for purple/pink/magenta/violets?

Browns/gold/yellow ocre shades i have no preference as all the differents brands ive tried seem about even. ...preferences for these shades? ive heard great things about waverly for these colors.

The only inks id say id be loyal to at this point are starbrite white and canary yellow but of course id like to hear other opinions.

I'm most likely not going to buy a set and keep on getting individual colors from different suppliers so all responses are def. appreciated, thanks people.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 09:19 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: Yet another ink question

maybe you should quit changing so much and just give it some time to adapt.

ps.what is it with people writing a book on here, i'm getting a headache!!!!!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 11:31 PM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
maybe you should quit changing so much and just give it some time to adapt.

ps.what is it with people writing a book on here, i'm getting a headache!!!!!!
the reason im looking for new ink is because ive actually had all those for so long, years in some cases, that the ink has gone bad...reds starting to look more orange-ish and such. All the mentioned inks have have sufficient adjustment time and im just wanting to hear some opinions on individual colors.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:10 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

you must not be doing very many tattoos if your ink is going bad. the oldest bottle of ink i have is 4 months. unless you just have far too much ink.

Old 07-06-2009, 07:20 PM
Recruit

you are correct i have not done many tattoos recently because i went back to school the last 2 semesters and barely tattooed while in school. Also most of my inks were in 4 oz bottles which obviously last longer. thanks for your assumptions, any recommendations?
Old 07-07-2009, 02:12 AM
Craig Harris
Corporal

Start tattooing again and use smaller bottles of ink prehaps?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:54 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbitetattoo View Post
Start tattooing again and use smaller bottles of ink prehaps?
hahaha, yup thats it, smaller bottles

Tags
ink, question