Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Testimonials

Old 01-20-2008, 02:55 PM
Corporal

Default a PM to Brandon

I sent him that a couple days ago, he asked me to put it here.

I moved to the states 3 years ago to go to college, and I got introduced to rather large tattoos at that time. I am starting my apprenticeship in 2 days, and you are one of the reasons why I chose to be a tattoo artist.

My plan is to be better than you (it's a f@#king compliment..) and I am gonna try my hardest to be the absolute best. So thank you for opening my eyes to a wonderful world. If you wouldnt be marketing your shop like your do, maybe I would never had the opportunity to start this awesome journey.

Take it easy.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:39 PM
Corporal

Default Re: a PM to Brandon

Awesome and good luck!!!! You are a picking a great artist to try and out do. I can't wait to see your work.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:55 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddscientist View Post
Awesome and good luck!!!! You are a picking a great artist to try and out do. I can't wait to see your work.
thx man ! this whole experience is sorta nerve wrecking, but I'll try my absolute best !
Old 01-20-2008, 06:40 PM
ceo-pirate/ninja alliance
Corporal

i have been kinda reluctant to tell this with all the kitchen cowboy hatin but i too was inspired to get into tattooing by seeing brandon's work, so i bought a tattoo kit and some nu skin and some art books. well it didnt take me long to realize that i was nowhere near good enough to tattoo ANYONE!! i have several friends that were begging me to tattoo them but i refused. now i have decided to simply be a collector and admirer until im in a position to get a REAL apprenticeship and learn the correct way. now my only problem is what do i do with the kit. i now realize its junk and will never use it even when i get an app. and dont want to sell it to someone who wont be as responsible as i have. so at this point i have resolved to keep it as a reminder to continue to go after things with the same enthusiasm but next time to gain some knowledge first.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Corporal

by the way, that was all several months ago. ha ha (in effort to save a little bit of face.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Corporal

I ve been there. just throw your machine away dude. I am contemplating my Workhorse Iron on their website.....can't wait til the end of the year when I'll order that b1tc4.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:28 AM
Corporal

many of todays top artists started in the house. all of them I have read or spoke to personally will tell you that is NOT the way to go. you cant learn a thing without a good teacher.
you need instruction in so many areas, this is not something you can learn on your own.
todays top artists will tell you also that working around other great artists made them better artists. look at those that have passed thru All or Nothing. Do I think working in this all start lineup helped them develop further as an artist? Yes Ive watched it happen.

would you really want to do it any other way?

PS- it takes a good man to admit mistakes, hats off to ya wheeliefreak.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:57 AM
Corporal

thx mrchen, i appreciate that.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:40 PM
Field Marshal

bring it on! I hope you are better than me by far!! Im old and tired hahahaa
Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Corporal

Old and tired?
hummm, thats not what Caycee tells me, We'll see, I think he might have a tattoo or two left in him, my money says so, but yeah, good lord hes 31 years old, got to be close to retirement!

We are so used to seeing his published works from a few years ago we forget how good he is. Alanas backpiece and the pics from his recent sleeves and hand pieces tell me hes still Bradnon Bond. The best there is!

Tags
brandon