Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Shop Announcements > General

Old 08-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Recruit

Default Re: interview our artists!

Well, i know there's no perfection, and of course i don't a hundred percent think they all are because i want to grow and improve. I just meant it as the person was 100% happy, and i was too with the outcome.

But none of my questions were really answered. I just want to know if me starting on my own is the right thing. I went and took a course on blood born pathogens etc, and how to keep it all under control. Because that's one of my biggest concerns. I don't want to spread disease and i want to be the best, and most responsible artist i can be.

I just wanted all of your inputs.

Thanks-
Rhiannon
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpentinekat View Post

But none of my questions were really answered. I just want to know if me starting on my own is the right thing. I went and took a course on blood born pathogens etc, and how to keep it all under control. Because that's one of my biggest concerns. I don't want to spread disease and i want to be the best, and most responsible artist i can be.

I just wanted all of your inputs.

Thanks-
Rhiannon
I know tattooers that did it all themselves. Just them. Start to finish. Every day they would push themselves to improve. Researching others that they respected and honing their craft. I also know tattooers that did a formal apprenticship at a reputable shop, and do great work. Both artists became tallented artists respected in their field. Two different paths to the same goal. In my humble opinion a solid apprenticship followed by working with artists that are better than you is the shortest of the two paths. But, ultimately it is your journey. I wish you luck.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:05 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lloyd View Post
I know tattooers that did it all themselves. Just them. Start to finish. Every day they would push themselves to improve. Researching others that they respected and honing their craft. I also know tattooers that did a formal apprenticship at a reputable shop, and do great work. Both artists became tallented artists respected in their field. Two different paths to the same goal. In my humble opinion a solid apprenticship followed by working with artists that are better than you is the shortest of the two paths. But, ultimately it is your journey. I wish you luck.
It is the shortest path, and the most respected path. At least it is while you are still on it.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:34 AM
Recruit

Thanks guys. It's good to hear that it can be done, trying on your own. Of course i would enjoy an apprenticeship too though. It would be so much simpler to have someone explain things to you than having to figure out every little detail out of thin air.

Apprenticeship wise, do i just need to put together a nice portfolio and go to some shops that i like? I just don't want to be turned away because i've started on my own. I can change my ways if i'm taught a better way. No problem.

Thanks again!

Rhiannon
Old 08-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Recruit

Here's some of the ones i've done. Nothing too extravagant yet, but i'm proud of the outcomes.

I know i've seen worse! I'm pretty proud though of how I did on them. I draw and paint all the time so i'm already good with designing and producing nice artwork. And i definitely want to put it into good use and be able to enjoy giving someone something they'll have for life.

I'm in to realistic artwork though. I draw portraits and would love to be able to translate that to tattoo as well. That's my goal. For my tattoo to look exactly like the person or thing and be as easy for me as drawing on canvas.

Rhiannon

Last edited by serpentinekat; 08-18-2010 at 11:57 AM..
Old 08-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Pablo@AllorNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
everyone has to start somewhere pablo - you were an arrogant liltwat about a month ago ahhahahaa
hehe, yeah. this is true :s
Old 08-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
everyone has to start somewhere pablo - you were an arrogant liltwat about a month ago ahhahahaa

This is true, PabloNacho

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 08-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Pablo@AllorNothing

you guys are too kind.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:39 PM
Private

Things have changed a lot in Tattooing over the last few years, now the industry seems to be in a transition phase, where do you think it will be in 5 years and in 10 ??.
Old 08-19-2010, 01:55 PM
Pablo@AllorNothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubh666 View Post
Things have changed a lot in Tattooing over the last few years, now the industry seems to be in a transition phase, where do you think it will be in 5 years and in 10 ??.
with me ruling s&!t in 5 and chillin on cruise control as king of the hill in 10.

Tags
artists, interview