Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 06-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Really stupid or completely amazing idea

unless Im crazy, what your doing should have the same effect as if you would have just bent you back spring up a lil more.

Last edited by Solomon; 06-20-2010 at 10:19 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 11:20 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

Well either way, Ur missing the fact that rubber band is at the very front. thus it's fulcrum point is an extreme opposite of the rearsping, and has little effect on the rear springs strength when being pulled by the strength of the coils. But when that force is released it makes a difference. Just try it. When it's set up like i've shown with just a little bit of pressure, it increases the cycle speed quite a bit for barely any pressure, but does not change the duty cycle. if it really affected the rear spring like you assume, the duty cycle would be altered.

I do what i want!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Corporal

readings aren't everything. Half the time those things don't work for s&!t. If it runs well, that's all it's about. I see what you're getting at, and I've seen systems that have had similar ideas to this one. Have you ever ran a machine with an oring glued to the front coil top? Gives pretty much the same affect. When I was learning, the only artist in the shop that supposedly could tune a machine used to cut top hat grommets down and fix them between the coils to get that extra bit of purr. And those things would run.........zippy as f@#k.post some pics of work done with it....i'm interested....
Old 06-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Field Marshal

i can say one thing, im sure it makes that sharpz run better.
its hard to see in the pic, but if thats an OG sharpz, and those are OG springs...the springs turn to absolute mush after a while.

it looks like a different way to reach a same effect of some easier and more efficient solutions. rubber bands lose their tension way quicker than springs do.

cheers!
Old 06-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Private

a basic tuning knowledge is all you should need to tattoo efficiently..but props for at least putting effort into it.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

yep. that'd be my old iron sharpz t-dial.....and you got it right. it runs like s&!te right now. I've just never had the heart to rebuild it, so it sits.

And 42, I know a couple guys who do the o ring trick. Never connected the two. They use them as silencers basically. Takes a second to get used to the sound for adjustments, but they do like it, and it doesn't bother those squeemish clients so much.

I've yet to try to tattoo doing this, but i have a couple of those clients that like to let me do what i want coming in this week. I guess i'll just try and see whatsup.

I do what i want!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 01:25 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterink View Post
i bag or barrier film EVERYTHING, so i see no point or changing the bands and nipples every time also.
Honestly if you Madacide your clip cord and nipples each time after a tattoo (regardless of bagging [which you should still do] there should be no reason you cannot re-use your nipple. I don't re-use bands because well I see no point in it and they are so cheap, madacide those and they tend to crack.
Old 06-21-2010, 02:14 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
i can say one thing, im sure it makes that sharpz run better.
its hard to see in the pic, but if thats an OG sharpz, and those are OG springs...the springs turn to absolute mush after a while.

it looks like a different way to reach a same effect of some easier and more efficient solutions. rubber bands lose their tension way quicker than springs do.

cheers!
i just put a set of arron cain springs on my dial and tossed the o-ring. s&!t runs like a brand new machine. turns out the rear was waaay too heavy and was causing too much stress on the coils.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Platoon Sargent

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:39 AM
Corporal

im with joe on this one

Tags
amazing, completely, idea, stupid