Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Corporal

Default Color Machines

I was going through this forum and noticed where someone had made a comment about machine setup in regards to consistency of pigments. we have always used intenze here, and run our machines slow (90ish) and a little deep. some colors like starbrite white tend to bleed way more when they go in. shorter stroke and a little faster?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:09 PM
Private

Default Re: Color Machines

i use several different brands during a single tattoo with the same machine... I run mine pretty deep, but I wouldnt say fast...but I do change my hand speed for different inks.. intenze is super easy to put in.. I could make that work with a soft hitting BG machine.. I think if your talking set up to ink.. it would be more stroke/rear spring tension to change the way things fly in... I also use SB white and it shows blood everytime.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Corporal

im not sure how to take an exact measurement of stroke to post up but mine is about 3 armbar tips when running at 90hz. b&g i run at 2. im sitting here with old japanese guys doin this stuff and they look at my critical ps like its demonspawn. they go by sound and feel so they are no help.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:41 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

i use spring stock to measure my gaps, but you have to remember that numbers can be deceiving. the best way to tell if your s&!t is working is how it goes into the skin and how it heals(thats if the client takes care of their s&!t).
for me, i like a long ass stroke, that runs around 95-105 and bugpins. but thats just me and my 2 cents

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 10-27-2009, 07:00 AM
Platoon Sargent

I don't mechanically readjust my machines during a tattoo for any certain color. If your white is bleeding out as in turning pink and undesirable for a photo, I run it on less volts or have the client wait around about 10 minutes until the clotting has taken affect. I also use water dipping to clean my tattooing instead of a green soap mixture, green soap seems to irritate the skin if overused or if the potency is too great.
There is one thing I would like to ask. I read the book and watched the movie years ago "Stoney knows how", great book by the way, wish Stoney were still around I would have to pay him a visit. The book mentions a "Monsel's Solution" as a coagulate, has anyone tried this stuff? If yes, is it safe, what is your experience with using it, and is it still available for purchase?
Old 10-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Corporal

yeah, i water dip too. and what i mean is i can do almost an entire piece with little to no blood and then the white goes in and blam, its running. i usually put it in with a liner about 3 volts down. i have never heard anyone mention that stuff before, ill try and do some research on it though.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Platoon Sargent

Sorry, it's a hemostatic which is a bit different from a coagulate. A hemostatic affects the tissue surrounding the blood vessels, it suppresses the blood flow to the surface of the body where applied. A coagulate affects the blood itself when coming into contact with the fluid.
Thought I would give a simple comparison of the two, just wanted to clarify the difference.

Tags
color, machines