Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 03-13-2006, 06:46 PM
Private

Default what inks are best?

I have used MOM ink from technical tattoo, starbrite, and intenze. Was just wondering what others thought about these inks, or any other inks that you would recommend. Also, I've seen guys do black and grey by mixing black with white instead of water. What do you think, and does anyone have any experience with the white? Thanks
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 02:27 PM
Corporal

opaque whites are just a different way of going about it sometimes. alot of times i'll throw opaque whites in a color piece if it calls for grey in the central image.

im your enemy
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 08:14 PM
Private

by opaque do you mean the way you lay it in or are there some whites that really are better than the tinty starbrite?
Old 03-16-2006, 08:13 AM
Corporal

Default inks

There are a few other post on this if you read the older ones,lots of good info.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Platoon Sargent

I use waverly, but I'm also expanding my palette. I've been trying some intense, starbrite, and unique. I think alot of ink prefences comes down to the style that you tattoo.
Old 03-24-2006, 01:14 AM
Private

I've been using Eternal and love the results. They go in easy and heal up awesome. I know some guys that use derma-glo and they say good things about them.
Old 03-24-2006, 07:45 PM
Private

I've been using Eternal for quite a while, and have noticed that they tend to lose their richness and intensity after a short amount of time. I've been tattooed with Dermaglo, and it healed faster than anything I've seen, and they are pretty damn bright. I just got a sample set of Dermaglo, so I'll be trying those out on a few select people.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Platoon Sargent

thanks for the info. about Eternal. I'm definitely gonna be order some dermaglo on this go around to try 'em out. I hear good things
Old 03-25-2006, 01:30 PM
Private

I just did my first test piece with Dermaglo, last night. It went into the skin with no effort at all, using a seven mag, and a Pandora. Very solid on one pass, and looked pretty bright, with smooth blends. Now its a waiting game to see how it heals.
Old 03-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Private

i too have recently ordered some eternal and some dermaglo. the dermalglo is available just down the road from me in the north of england and the sample packs are very reasonably priced thirty quids.. ive also ordered a sample pack of eternal which was 126 quid. a lot more moola. i hear dermaglo is the way forward.

starbrite red has led to a really unwholesome situation for me. see hyperspace.

Tags
inks