Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 02-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Recruit

i realize this was posted a long time ago, however I use both pulse and paco rollins on a daily basis. I normally dont do small tattoos and I traditionally stick to bold line work so I normally run either five or sevens the paco works great, however it constantly needs to be tuned, and I suggest changing the springs.
The paco rollin shader is great at packing solid color however it hits to hard for smooth black and grey. I recently bought the Gatsby shader from pulse and had trouble with it at first, I noticed the distance between the back coil and the armature bar was to far, so I put a shim under the back coil and now it runs great, I love the way it pack color however dont perfer to grey shade with it.
I am currently on the look for a smooth hitting shader, I am using time machine they seems to work well. I am also considering workhorse Irons, if anybody has used these machines I would apprieciate some input on there shaders.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:12 PM
Private

The only shader needed, is the Solution. The Pandora is also a great smooth shader though. No need to look any further than Pulse for all your answers.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Private

i initially found the pulse needed a hell of a voltage to get it running, huge air gap and all. i closed it off ever so slightly and find that it runs better and better as it 'runs in'

i think the construction and balance and smoothness of the coils are pretty much perfect for laying in blends. the engineering is very exact and common sense.

liking it more and more.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:29 AM
Field Marshal

Default paco makes a killer machine

paco rollins makes a solid machine at an affordable price. i picked up a brass shader and its got a nice weight to it and it changed my tattooing entirely. i had him set it up with a longer stroke than what i am used to, and its like you'd never know the difference in using another machine, until you tried this one. i haven't however, used any pulse machines, but i can say that after using a micky sharpz shader for a year, and going to a paco rollins, it was a welcomed change of a sweet machine from a killer dude.
Old 03-28-2009, 02:43 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: paco makes a killer machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
paco rollins makes a solid machine at an affordable price. i picked up a brass shader and its got a nice weight to it and it changed my tattooing entirely. i had him set it up with a longer stroke than what i am used to, and its like you'd never know the difference in using another machine, until you tried this one. i haven't however, used any pulse machines, but i can say that after using a micky sharpz shader for a year, and going to a paco rollins, it was a welcomed change of a sweet machine from a killer dude.
i still use his machines everyday..and this post was from me in 06.

no joke, ive been through tons of machines (pulse included) since then...and i still use the pacos (and joey d's)

paco rules. pacorollinsmachines.com
Old 04-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Corporal

Default Re: Paco ROllins Machines....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
I would love to hear a comparison of the two - seriously - Im interested to know the diffenece in the way the color is blended and packed in... f@#kin-a man

let me know asap!
I use paco rollins on the daily and sobas from workhorse, I've used pulse in the past and loved them too. Honestly I like the rollins machines, they're super long throw the speed isn't as fast as a pulse machine but my blends come out alright. I picked up a shader from Josh Ford and Adam Cifferi, this thing is clean as hell, there's too many machine builders out these days and it's hard to find quality and not quantity. Paco rollins and pulse I think would be a good combo to have for your daily work horses
Old 09-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Field Marshal

http://pacorollinsmachines.com/Machines.aspx

search and destroy! the semi mags are still my daily runners.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Platoon Sargent

I have a semi mag and I can't push s&!t with that thing. Works ok for B&G but that's about it.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:18 PM
Disfigured Member
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRANDON BOND View Post
I hear great things about his machines - Ive always wanted to try one but I am so addicted to my machines... I cant even use the pandora cause its not my "solution"
I have had three Paco Rollins machines....Everyone loved my liners...so i sold em
I kept the brass shader it was my favorite..going on three years and only changed the back front spring once

Last edited by DuneDicapo; 10-21-2009 at 06:20 PM..
Old 10-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Private

I was just on the phone with him today.. he is a cool guy and makes a solid machine..

Tags
machines, paco, rollins