Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 12-17-2010, 10:30 PM
Private

Default Critique My Work

Brief history I studied Art from the time i was 5 till 19.Had full art scholarship blah blah but other things got in the way.I recently got myself into a situation to take a short apprenticeship and started doing tats.Had a couple serious haters along the way one guy in particular from the next town over just hates on my work like he is the god of Tattooing maybe this is the norm in the industry i need to get use to.I have officially been doing tats since May of this year and wanna get some of you guys other opinions.I know sometimes artist can think there work is better than it is so it helps to get some outside perspectives.I love What i do.I work 12 hours a day 7 days a week.Im 35 years old so all of this is pretty new to me.All criticism is welcome.Do i need to just put the machines down and move on to something else?I have noticed some huge improvements the last 2 months and i only continue to get better.
This was the very first portrait i had done a couple months ago.

This was my second portrait.Really hard for me to photograph B&G cause it seems to take away all the light tones.Im working on it

This was My first B&G piece that i worked off the stencil with a 7 mag

Some color work

I know i need alot of improvements and will constantly evolve.I have offered my free time just to get better and do free tats to be able to do stuff i wanna do.waiting to do more custom and intriquite stuff.Seems everyone who comes thru the doors wants simple stuff all the time.Anyway i wanted to share my work and get some negative criticism as well as good instead of the usual bashing i get from the hater i got.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:39 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: Critique My Work

your work doesn't look to bad, it looks like you rush s&!t a lot, slow down, and the basic stuff you don't want to do, is the best stuff to learn on, because it is easy to fix if you f@#k it up, like you did tinker bells eye, it looks like its trying to leave her face!!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:44 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

ps....quit doing portraits, until you have them down solid on paper

Old 12-18-2010, 11:29 AM
f@#k yeah
Private

some day you will be dope. never compare your work down but always compare up- meaning dont put it next to a s&!tty artists work but put it next to a true tattoo masters work. your work will look like crap when you do that BUT- it will set a standard of excellence for you to strive for and your s&!t will inevitably become extremely f@#king dope. and to bolster toms comment about time- he is dead on with that remark. imagine how all those pieces would look if you had spent another two or three hours on them.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingtom View Post
ps....quit doing portraits, until you have them down solid on paper
Thats just the thing Portraits and black n grey has always been my specialty on paper.Its just trying to adapt to putting the shades i can put on paper in skin.I have used so many different techniques and its trying to develop the ink,needles,and speed tht works for me, I think the biggest curve for me is being use to spending 12 hours drawing a portrait for someone and than have to do a portrait on skin in a shorter time.I can definitly see what you are talking about when you say slow down.I do tend to rush thru things.I will start adding a couple of hours to my bigger pieces for now on.I will do that on my next decent piece and post a picture.Thanks for the useful advice.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:27 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

dont add any certain amount, take as long as it takes, if they have to sit for 24 f@#kin hours, then guess what.......there gonna f@#kin sit. and about the small simple stuff that i said about before that you most likely ignored, those are the tattoos you learn the most on so the portraits you do come easier. you gotta crawl before you can run!!!

Old 12-19-2010, 03:53 AM
Corporal

Old 12-19-2010, 08:38 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

lines are super clean, but it could use some flare, like some gray wash behind it, but the lines are clean

Old 12-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Corporal

Last edited by Demonkilla66; 12-19-2010 at 10:17 PM..
Old 12-19-2010, 10:18 PM
Corporal

Tags
critique, work