Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: Everyone I talk to says business is slow...(truth thread)

its income tax season, thats where most of the business in my area is coming from

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:21 AM
Private

tax season and millitary bases = good times...save your money...and do you really need a new machine, theres always room to cut back your expenses....
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Corporal

So true man! Make coffee at home!

I was amazed at how every single tattooer at Philly Con had a starbucks in their hand. Granted this is a vacation for many of them, I have seen this habit carried over to home. If every day you get up, drive non-direct routes, and order food out...you will lose money. Make your lunches and eat at home. Don't buy soft drinks. You will become more fit, and save dough.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
So true man! Make coffee at home!

I was amazed at how every single tattooer at Philly Con had a starbucks in their hand. Granted this is a vacation for many of them, I have seen this habit carried over to home. If every day you get up, drive non-direct routes, and order food out...you will lose money. Make your lunches and eat at home. Don't buy soft drinks. You will become more fit, and save dough.
AMEN BROTHA!!! saves so so much money. i aint ashamed to brown bag it. hahaha
Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Corporal

a month out, 12 hour days on the weekend 5 hours weekdays here in japan. course im right outside of a military base so the pay is steady
Old 04-16-2010, 10:13 AM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

I just relocated to Portland, or. The work seems steady. I have had appointments booked and have been working every day since I got here. The rest of the artists in the shop ate booked between 3 weeks and, ahem, "not taking on new clients untill I cut down the 9 month waiting list". So right now I'm picking up the slack and walk INS. Not the most interesting tattoos, but it feeds my family and I am slowly making a name for myself. If I do anything cool I'll be sure to post it up, just don't think I'm slackin!
Old 05-01-2010, 03:21 AM
Corporal

I agree with sick , that's a good way to be , it's what I'm doing, here in Auburn, Alabama
minus the big waiting list.

It was good during the time everyone was cashing the tax refunds, but thats all over with now,,. Now it's mostly little stuff, butterflies,etc, or ppl walking in talking about"sleeve me"
"Well how much you looking to spend?"
"No more than a $100"

f@#k that

I'll do it on friends,but not customers.
I'll just do the butterflies and names and whatnot.
$40 and $50 pieces add up quick anyway.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Platoon Sargent

I have a question.....How is everyone coping with the influx of hacks, doing tattoos for $20 and a bag of weed? Is it effecting business? Are these (so-called) tattoo artist even on your radar? In my city it seems everyone is ditching a professional artist and going to a tattoo party or someone's kitchen to get work done, I dont get it..........it seems like nobody has enough money to buy decent art, or they want a tattoo so badly that they're willing to half ass the whole piece instead of going to a pro...I dont it...input please.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:44 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
I have a question.....How is everyone coping with the influx of hacks, doing tattoos for $20 and a bag of weed? Is it effecting business? Are these (so-called) tattoo artist even on your radar? In my city it seems everyone is ditching a professional artist and going to a tattoo party or someone's kitchen to get work done, I dont get it..........it seems like nobody has enough money to buy decent art, or they want a tattoo so badly that they're willing to half ass the whole piece instead of going to a pro...I dont it...input please.
this s&!t has been around for some time now, and it comes down to common sense. some people have others dont, and some of the ones who dont will realize the mistake they made and get a cover. but some people are so f@#king retarded that they will try and get a s&!tty cover over a s&!tty tattoo, which is what i am dealing with right now. this retarded b1tc4 wants flowers and tribal, and the tribal is her main focus. i hate tribal, its an 80's thing, and i really dont want to f@#king do it. i've drawn about 10 different flowers with water bursts and wind swirls, and she just doesnt f@#king get it.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 05-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Platoon Sargent

So in your opinions> Does the financial future of a new artist look bleek? I mean with all these hacks out here, I dont see how a new artist can support his/her self. In my case tattooing is ALL I have, I was a little stupid f@#ker when I was younger so finding traditional work is obsolete especially now with this economy, this is the only profession in the art field where you can make or break yourself> but these hacks out here have me questioning my choices........how did some of you veterans in the game pull through back when tattoos were'nt so trendy?

Tags
business, slowtruth, talk, thread