Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 PM
Platoon Sargent

Question Eikon Green Machines SUCK!?..yeah right....do they???

On another forum I was told the Eikon Green Machine sucks, I thought they were pretty dependable workhorses, with the right parts.......I thought that, what makes a sound machine is the geometry with the frame...I THOUGHT EIKON WAS A PRETTY SOLID SUPPLY STORE.....Wow when I start I was thinking about grabbing a blank and learn while I build when the time came......anyone care to share some light???....Dont really need to know everything about them, I will learn that when the time comes.... just want to see if any of you still have/use or would ever buy a green machine now, even with far "superior" machines....(I know listen to whatever my mentor will say, but since a some people can take it upon his/her self to "tattoo" people without any training, I feel I would have the right to learn more about the tool I will forever be attached to and buy a blank, in my head its a must know, no exceptions.....so green machine forever or no????
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:00 PM
^This Guy^
Private

Default Re: Eikon Green Machines SUCK!?..yeah right....do they???

Green monsters are decent machines...
They come in three types
Liner kit
Shader kit
And color machine kit.
The green monster was a project machine covered in
Machine-gun magazine
I own a color machine...
A little light for my tastes
( I like next gen machines)

They use the true spring arm bars
And I learned slot about machine functions
And diagnostics from building up this machine
And reading the magazines...
I have also used there crown standard coils
On three other machines I built up using the knowledge
I got from building the green monster.
Hope this helps a little
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 11:07 PM
Platoon Sargent

Helped a ton....I did hear they were better as liners tho (weight I guess)....Thanx bro, I just wanted a O.K. machine that I learned alot from for a good price....that I may keep using as a liner.....who knows........does anyone else think the machine sucks???...

Better than Ebay specials or the chromed out China cheese I hope...

Last edited by Frek; 04-07-2011 at 11:19 PM..
Old 04-07-2011, 11:27 PM
^This Guy^
Private

Much better than any china eBay crap..
Decent machine for the price 150 bucks
Old 04-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Platoon Sargent

cool....

Eikon doesn't sell the mag anymore tho
Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 PM
^This Guy^
Private

Pm
Sent
Old 04-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Private

i bought two for 200 on ebay. I ended up setting a different armature bar and springs on one and its a decent liner. Best for small groupings 3 - tight 7s. But its still my back up for my arron cain.
The color packer I use more often but its still second choice to my corey rogers. So all in all for the price they are good machines but Im sure one day I'll weed them out of my collection.
Old 04-08-2011, 06:58 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

i have three of those little bastards, and they have ran the same with no f@#k ups for 4 years, they are tuned by me they way i want them. out of the box, they aren't the best, they do need tuned, but for the money, they are well worth it, so are workhorse irons, i would go with workhorse before green monsters though!!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 04-08-2011, 07:48 AM
Platoon Sargent

I figured the blank Green Monster would be a better buy for me because, I'll be building my first machine from the frame, and adding my own parts...Thanks for the feedback guys, it really cleared my head......I figure when the time is right, and I've matured as a tattooist, the GM liner will become a backup machines....

THANX again everyone...
Old 04-08-2011, 05:25 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post
cool....

Eikon doesn't sell the mag anymore tho
This might be a dumb question... I did a quick search, however, and got no easy answer...

Where can I get issues of Machine Gun Magazine at, nowadays?

Tags
eikon, green, machines, rightdo, suckyeah