Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

Old 10-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Web Sensei
Corporal

Default Do you actually want tattoos to become acceptable in 'normal' society?

I was thinking about this today - it has certainly gotten easier in the last few years to be well tattooed in the workplace or in somewhat more professional environments, but do you actually want it to be better?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Recruit

Default Re: Do you actually want tattoos to become acceptable in 'normal' society?

Yep. What i choose to do to My body as long as its not offensive artwork showing and my skill level is the same as the next guys and he gets the job over me that to me is b.s. Just my opinion. im mean come on people at auto part stores and rent to own stores have to cover up...my wife worked for a call center where she never even once met her clients had to cover her tattoos...lol lets get real here.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:20 AM
Private

Thumbs up Re: Do you actually want tattoos to become acceptable in 'normal' society?

I think in the same way. Thinking of people has been changed a lot, however there is a scope of improvement in it. People should not consider tattoo as a bad thing professionally as well until they are not showing any kind of vulgarity or violence in nature.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Do you actually want tattoos to become acceptable in 'normal' society?

agreed... I must say it has become more acceptable and would love to see it be a non issue... I also think that you should show quality work in your tattoos, not all covered in jail house scratcher crap... I think that the way you present your self should also be reflected in your tattoos.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Web Sensei
Corporal

I'm kind of in the middle on this one.

I'd like to see heavily tattooed people not be restricted in the type of work that they can do and businesses be more open about having heavily tattooed people interfacing with customers.

At the same time, and few would probably admit to this - I do somewhat like the differentiation that being well tattooed brings and I enjoy having some of the best artwork in the world on my body. I think that it partially dilutes the art and the boldness of the wearers of the tattoos by making it socially acceptable. I like being a tattooed weirdo and occasionally it's nice to be regarded as a degenerate right off the rip.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:11 PM
Recruit

I think as younger people start to take over CEO roles at companies, it's going to become more widely accepted. Most younger companies nowadays don't have a problem with it, it's just the older generation pretty much.

http://www.tattooseo.com
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Field Marshal

i want people to look at my tattoos and think " i should NOT start a conversation with him", but I want more people to come and get tattoos and feel like that's ok. I want my cake and to eat it too.
Old 11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
i want people to look at my tattoos and think " i should NOT start a conversation with him", but I want more people to come and get tattoos and feel like that's ok. I want my cake and to eat it too.
And this is exactly why you are awesome! You rule, my friend.

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Old 11-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
And this is exactly why you are awesome! You rule, my friend.
ahaha thank you! you too.

Tags
acceptable, normal, society, tattoos