Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-31-2009, 03:27 PM
Corporal

Default Re: pulse excutive problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
or, it will teach you a great deal of the mystery behind machines, and give you a better understanding of the tools you use...given that you dont f@#k them up, yes. haha
I could understand if it's some machine thats just lyin around, but something brand new, out of the box??? I'd rather send it back to get it replaced than tear it apart, and I already know how to build machines. The point in buying something brand new is to have something running tip top from the beginning. If it isn't, then it might as well be some clunker you got in a box somewhere. The best bet would be to send it back, and wait the time. In the meantime, use the machines you've already got, and if they don't run the way you want, do some work on THEM not a new one. Hell, get a couple cheap ass machines to learn building with. Nobody wants to pay top dollar for anything mechanical and then get stuck with the trouble of fixing it!!!!!
" hi, I'd like to buy this car, how much is it??"
"25'000 bucks"
" Wow brand new, huh?? Nothing wrong with it??"
" Oh she's brand new, but you're gonna have to fix the engine and the stereo doesn't work"
" What the f@#k!!!!!!"
See what I mean??? Makes no sense whatsoever!!!!!!
Aside from that, the problem he's describing could be a number of issues. Coil cores machined wrong, frame machined wrong, to many shims, to little shims, etc etc. I could be something simple as hell, or it could be something that may not be fixable without extended machine knowledge and the proper tools. Not to mention the fact that most machine warranties go bye bye one the machine's been disassembled.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Corporal

I mos def agree with 42, it really sounds like something is off in the frame. Shimming it will just raise or lower the coil obviously, its not gonna change how it sits in the frame, unless the coil is machined with a chisled top and is supposed to sit in the frame at an angle and isnt sitting properly, and I dont think thats the case. Send it back, it sounds like something is wrong with it on a real fundemental level.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:49 PM
www.JohnDameArt.com
Corporal

Yeah, I have an executive and it runs great! It does have a harder sound to it but, it works awesome so im not gonna f@#k with it.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:05 AM
Private

Send it to me and I will re tune it for ya for a low one time price of only 59.99! Just kidding.. I agree with everyone else.. Let Pulse re tune it for ya.. their not a perfect company, they make mistakes.. but the are a reputable company none the less. They will help ya bro. Best of luck and if ya don"t want to send it back.. I will buy it from ya for the one time low price of 59.99! Just kidding..
Best of luck
E
Old 08-13-2009, 05:09 PM
Recruit

one of the other artist here just bought a new one too and same thing...runs like s&!t and for some reason it is no longer on the website as an option to purchase.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:25 AM
Recruit

I just got my executive a few days ago out of the box it ran horrible. the contact gap was huge and it sounded good but no possible way of tattooing with a gap that big. when I tune it to get anywhere near hitting hard enough it sounds horrible and still tattoos horrible. That and it only ran like 100 hz. loaded up with every single spring combo I have. The owner of my shop said use it as black and grey machine PFFFt no I have plenty of those I'll be sending it back and having them send me a Watson cutback liner

What a hassle

Tags
excutive, problem, pulse