Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 03-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorberrios View Post
I like this a lot !
... ( y )
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:13 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frek View Post

I haven't seen any tattoos you've done....
i haven't seen any tattoos you've done. just a lot of harsh critiques from a non-tattooer.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Platoon Sargent

Correct, critiques to a non-drawer or artist I think... LOL and I didn't see any of his stuff.....

edited: just because he tattoos didn't mean he's an artist...he explains his technique clearly, in his post >>its all tracing and the shading is common sense......or something like that..

Last edited by Frek; 03-29-2011 at 01:34 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 05:14 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
i haven't seen any tattoos you've done. just a lot of harsh critiques from a non-tattooer.
^THIS^.......Def getting old Frek ,that and the incessant "is this a good product" threads. Sound like a groupie. Learn to tat then critique,
Old 03-29-2011, 06:23 PM
Platoon Sargent

...I guess we all lost focus of what me and lozer81 was talking about, NO I don't tattoo, but I know art, not a master at it but I know proper shading and what a clean tattoo looks likes, just like any other enthusiast can decipher great or good work from mediocre, me asking to see his work, wasn't a low blow, or me trying to critique his work at all...... I was saying that I never saw a tattooist that couldn't draw or paint produce great work, because of the understanding of art one should possess in order to create great work.....I didn't think I was being an ass, that wasn't my intent.........and If Im a groupie than so be it, this is what I love and if Im a groupie for loving something so much than I guess I'll wear that title with pride........Cheerz
Old 03-29-2011, 06:37 PM
Private

Quote:
...I guess we all lost focus of what me and lozer81 was talking about, NO I don't tattoo, but I know art, not a master at it but I know proper shading and what a clean tattoo looks likes, just like any other enthusiast can decipher great or good work from mediocre, me asking to see his work, wasn't a low blow, or me trying to critique his work at all...... I was saying that I never saw a tattooist that couldn't draw or paint produce great work, because of the understanding of art one should possess in order to create great work.....I didn't think I was being an ass, that wasn't my intent.........and If Im a groupie than so be it, this is what I love and if Im a groupie for loving something so much than I guess I'll wear that title with pride........Cheerz
Problem with the internet......never sure how we actually come across until someone responds. I personally have a problem with this Tattoos are ART and only ARTISTS should tattoo philosophy. Most of the original old school tattoo artist had 0 artistic ability.....the ones that did were an exception to the rule. Tattoos+Art really didnt take off till the early 90s and then that lead to all kinds of shops opening which wasnt an altogether good thing. Lots of "artists" who couldnt actually tattoo. I personally believe having an artistic background helps but until you master the mechanics of the trade ones artistic ability isnt worth squat. Btw when dealing with the general public you would be amazed at how little people care about your artistic ability\vision and more about your ability to do clean work and follow their visions.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:55 PM
Platoon Sargent

I support the new skool, and the theory behind being a artist.....I believe the best tattoo art comes from people that have a talent for art and the talented artist that has furthered their abilities with schooling, alot of the old skool guys would disagree with my views but, thats the transition from new and old skool I guess, I don't know....

edited: I have heard numerous times that being artstic don't mean anything behind the machine but I beg to differ....its just how I feel...I don't believe a person with no artistic ability can produce a better looking piece than a tattooist that has the ability...

Last edited by Frek; 03-29-2011 at 06:59 PM..
Old 03-30-2011, 07:00 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

if it wasn't for true artists, tattooing would still be on the bowery, and would most likely still have the stigma that it carried for so long. old school had its time, but thats long gone.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 03-30-2011, 07:06 AM
Platoon Sargent

....^agreed totally....
Old 03-30-2011, 07:14 AM
Corporal

Quote:
Correct, critiques to a non-drawer or artist I think... LOL and I didn't see any of his stuff.....

edited: just because he tattoos didn't mean he's an artist...he explains his technique clearly, in his post >>its all tracing and the shading is common sense......or something like that..
no reason to be a douche, and i am a artist, im a tattoo artist. like i said, i seen many artists such as yourself talk all this blah blah blah about art, and the very second they touch a tattoo machine they realize they suck.

for one i think its actually way easier to draw on paper than to tattoo on skin.theres a million people that draw like you. you can spend six months re-drawing your creation over and over and fixing your mistakes and making everything perfect. where i only have 45minutes to do one tattoo that i'll never see again, and i can't crumble up skin and throw it in the trash and start over like you can.

also frek, i told you none of my pictures are my best work,they are simply regular flash that someone wanted that i did , i didnt even take the pictures they were either taken by the person who recieved the tattoo or by people i work with.

anything you can draw i can tattoo exactly how you draw it. cause thats what i do, copy things.

and shading and coloring is common sense, just some have more common sense than others.

*edited* and frek i do understand what your saying in a sense,i do appreciate your criticism, cause thats what every artist needs. i stated that im going to draw more, and you stated that you're going to start tattooing, so maybe somewhere down the road we'll see eye to eye...but to say im not an artist at all...c'mon now.

Last edited by lozer81; 03-30-2011 at 07:37 AM..

Tags
post, work