Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM
MakingInsanityFunSince'83
Field Marshal

Default Re: Alla Prima colors

Mmmmmm....Creamy.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Field Marshal

Location: Outside of DENVER Colorado Hiding from Animal Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjaywymbs View Post
RE:The Truth about Alla Prima! anyone care?
Posted by August Skincandy from IP: 69.108.148.112 on 02/04/09
Hollywood Ca.

I've come to the conclusion that most of this does not matter in my world.
My entire back piece was colored by Eddie Deutsche 222 S.F. with all my inks a couple years back, go to skincandy tattoo ink myspace to view the reds... and
they look as decent as any other good ink I've seen out there, many well known guys use it, can't be that bad if they keep ordering it. some may have gotten a bad batch here and there, sorry to hear about it, and sorry if I ruffled some feathers out there, My temper gets the best of me sometimes and public forum is not the place to vent my personal business dealings.
Later

--------------------------------------

i like how he openly admits he's sold bad batches. that's professional. and i'm really starting to hate the word professional. f@#k your professionalism, do your f@#king job. that word is starting to sound like an MTV "respect" type of bulls&!t. everyone likes to use the word, yet no one has any idea what it means. get over your f@#king self and do your job, CORRECTLY.
GO f@#kING FIGURE
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:32 PM
Field Marshal

I would have bought so waverly by now if I didn't blow the bank on Eternals Which I will stick with as long as they don't f@#k up major like most Ink co but I wil be calling Bill as soon as I get the dollar bills to spend on some
Old 11-06-2009, 02:31 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post
I would have bought so waverly by now if I didn't blow the bank on Eternals Which I will stick with as long as they don't f@#k up major like most Ink co but I wil be calling Bill as soon as I get the dollar bills to spend on some
Same here, Waverly's been around for years so it's not one of those fly by night pigment companies. I have never heard anything but compliments about those pigments. Can't believe I haven't purchased them sooner.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:05 AM
Field Marshal

Well its just like Huck Spauldings s&!t been around for years used to be good s&!t, I learned on his Powder pigments and my first machine was a Huck Iron and the f@#ker is 10 years old and still works granted i have had to replace some s&!t of course but as for the fame and coils it is an old and relyable liner. I think alot of supplyers are getting greedy and selling s&!t to who ever and making worthless crap to jst make a buck it's sad, even some of these pro olny places suck or are just dumb asses i won't name names but i got a 50pc box of 9 flate bug pins and ordered matching disposible tubes with 1inch grips, they get to the shop, needles where correct but they sent me 1/4 inch grips that were 3 round liners. WTF and tryed to say it was my bad fuuuuuuuuuuucckkkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrsssssssss sss

anyway im glad there guys like bill that do come highly recomended and don't give in to the hacks and sell what ever to them to make a quick buck I will be buying my next pigment set with him for sure
Old 11-10-2009, 04:36 AM
Platoon Sargent

I rebuilt one of the Huck Supreme frames into a cut-back liner, runs super fast and tattoos as fast as the hand can move. My co-worker has borrowed it and never returned it. It's all good, hope he gets some good use out of it, I've got a few dozen myself.
I buy all the scratcher gear everytime they bring them into the shop to keep them out of the hands of newly inspired scratchers. I don't pay much for it and I always bargain them down to nearly nothing. f@#k em' it's payback for all the business they have already hijacked from coming to me in the past.
I'll keep anything mechanical but the rest is immediately trashed.
Sorry was off topic.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Field Marshal

I've seen some of these "MACHINES" Scratchers get off Ebay No thanks on buying that china crap I wouldn't even tattoo an Orange with some of that crap, At least Huck Spaulding puts some effort in their s&!t,
Old 11-11-2009, 06:38 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJRabbit View Post
I've seen some of these "MACHINES" Scratchers get off Ebay No thanks on buying that china crap I wouldn't even tattoo an Orange with some of that crap, At least Huck Spaulding puts some effort in their s&!t,
Yeah, I've seen some of that Chinese crap you mention, I don't buy those. They think if the a-bar moves it makes it a tattoo machine. The thing about Spaulding machines is, if you know what your doing you can make it a good machine. Replace the hardware, new hand wrapped coils with better core material, tap a new hole to mount the binding post in a more functional position, or manipulate the frame to more suitable dimensions if needed.
For the Chinese crap, from now on I'll just take some snips and clip the wires as close as I can next to the coils before I hook it up to my p.s. then hand it back to them telling them I can't use it, it doesn't work.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Field Marshal

Blahahahahahahahaha your a d**k but i would probly do the same thing
Old 12-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Private

i've used the zombie flesh, periwinkle, and flesh tone sets... and have hated everything i've seen come back.

alla prima is dogs&!t.

Tags
alla, colors, prima