Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 03-04-2010, 12:50 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

Default Re: What Kind of Machine is this

only someone who knows nothing about machines will shim the rear spring. thats retarded, get shorter coils, and get rid of the spring shims.

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:30 PM
X Project Tattoo
Corporal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
I don't think it was because of where the recess for the screw head on the tube vise is located.
But the tighening screw of the front spring is on the other side and the frame is an opposite of the traditional righty machine... I have a machine before that has the vise screw on the other side but no big deal since the the frame and the tightening screw for the front spring is in the right place...
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Private

i changed the a-bar on it took out the extra washer cuz the person who owned it before thought they knew what they were doing so it looks and runs great now but im curious to how you could have found the machine on ebay since i have been looking for it and still to this day cannot find went on some other tattoo forums and whats his face from fk irons sayd that they were going for crazy high prices so if someone got one for 51 then kudos to them cuz thats a steal for handmade custom machine from argentina could you send me the link to where you found this at im very curious about it
Old 03-05-2010, 08:20 AM
Angel of Death
Corporal

Not that exact machine....but another Early Irons machine was on ebay!

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/EARLY-IRONS-CONT...item53dfb688a2
Might need to be signed in to see it!

I remember these being sold on ebay a while back!
Can't remember what they were asking for them but I am pretty sure it
was the guy making them selling them on ebay!
Worst case....the guy that sold that machine on ebay might have some helpful info on them if you send him a message through ebay!
Just a thought!

there isn't much on them as i looked too but you could try looking on some of The ebay site from other countries as well! the UK or maybe a south american ebay...if there is one???
Tattooed Sweethearts
Old 03-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virtuoso View Post
But the tighening screw of the front spring is on the other side and the frame is an opposite of the traditional righty machine... I have a machine before that has the vise screw on the other side but no big deal since the the frame and the tightening screw for the front spring is in the right place...
I see what you're talking about. The side plate is on the opposite side like it's a wrap-around frame design but once set in the correct position it's less of a problem than tightening a thumb screw with the opposite hand (just feels weird to me). I always went by where the thumb screw was located, sometimes you can switch this around to your liking but this frame has that recess. I can agree that it looks odd and an adequate sized washer on the opposite side would cover the recess and could certainly make it a lefty.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Recruit

I know this is a very old thread but I was hoping to get some life back into it.
I have a habit of taking pictures of machines that I've come across and I'm not sure why or what I'm doing it for I just have a collection of pictures building now. I was trying to do some research on a machine I'd come across with the same E.I stamp on the bottom and happened apon this thread. It is a very unique machine, and has a side by side coil configuration with snake skin wraps. Which doesnt make it that unique, but what does is the fact that it has two front springs and two contact screws set up. A random guy came into a shop I was working at to sell some machines, he had two, Rick Saveria, machines and two of these E.I machines but had no info on who made them. He said they were all one of a kind and around $300 to $400 each but need some money quick. Long story short the owner bought all of them for $400. Which I think was a good price for just the two one off, Rick Saverias (i say one off only cause i've never been able to find any duplicates of the two). It was around christmas time so the owner gave all the guys one and kept one, so I ended up with this E.I machine. It seems to be a very well made instrument but did'nt run very well for everyday use so it ended up on a shelf getting shown off. Getting to the point after reading this thread I just wondered if any of you guys had any wierd, or one off, or vintage machines, I would love to see pictures of them. I'm not a very skilled photographer at all but if I get any life out of this thread I'll post pictures of this machine. Thank you for your time.
-Corey
Old 04-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Corporal

thats a chinese cheapy from ebay, you can always tell by that bulky generic contact screw, someone bought that piece of crap and slapped eikon springs on it lol.

probably runs like ass
Old 07-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Recruit

Dude just came across this thread and better late then never i guess. Your machine is indeed an early irons and they are from argentina. they only sold on ebay for a short period of time. I have been using a liner I purchased from them for a few years now and i love it. The eikon springs and a bar yours shows was added after the fact by someone without a clue as to what they were doing, with that shim and all. EI hand cuts all there springs and a bars. mine came with a speed bar and is zippy as hell. The same company also makes die cast miniatures and has not produced any machines that i have seen for a while. Im assuming that a local artist in argentina gave the company his personal specs and had the company create them. either way im glad i stumbled across them cuz this machine hasnt failed me yet. I recently switched out the coils with eikon 1" 8wraps and its as smooth as ever. I paid 135 for mine
Old 11-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Recruit

I own the Contortion, and I can say one thing about Early Irons machines. They are extremely well built. If you come across one Buy it. You will not be disappointed.

Tags
kind, machine