Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you feel your tax dollars are working for you?
Hell no. Those f*ckers are evil. 6 75.00%
Why yes; I am well represented by the current administration. 0 0%
Taxes? What are these things called taxes? Can anyone pay to play? 0 0%
I love tax time. I get a refund. 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2005, 02:33 AM
Private

Default Taxes Suck

Yes indeed, taxes suck for the self-employed. I feel hostile not because I am taxed but because I have so little input on how the money is spent.

Thanks George Bush; I hope there's a special place in hell with your name on it. Could gas get any more expensive? Why yes, I think it could...
Old 04-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Private

Yes, taxes do suck, but then, welcome to America and the American way of life. The self-employed or contractors get the short end of the stick in the grand scheme of things, but however with a little bit of advise, you can make it so much less painful. There are many things you can do that isn't EXACTLY cheating the IRS, but it is twisting it around a little to benefit you, legally. If you were to be audited, you would come out of it still smelling like a rose.

First thing, steer away from the companies that are cpa's and accountants, they will be prone to ONLY do what they perceive is right for the government, not what is right for you. Try to find a private person who is knowledgeable in the field and knows the tricks to be able to twist a little around to help you, not the government. Quite often they are right under you nose, and you don't even know it.

Record keeping, record keeping, record keeping.....I can't say that enough. In an audit situation, that's all you will have to defend yourself.

I'm not an advocate of tax paying, but like it or not, it's the way things are and the way things are going to be for a long time to come. There are new tax laws coming out over the next few years that are constructed to help the self-employed more than ever. The consequences of getting caught for not paying taxes are far greater pain than just doing it.

As I have told many people, you know who you are, there are different levels of legitimacy, you can be somewhere in the middle of true hard core honesty and getto record keeping.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:15 PM
Corporal

I would give your name to a CPA who is willing to help out. He isn't going to screw over anyone I send to him.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:27 PM
Private

I hate paying taxes or giving the Govt much of anything.

Don't get me wrong I love America. But I deduct anything and everything I can in order to get as much as possible for myself.

You only live once, squeeze it for all its worth

Tags
suck, taxes