Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 04-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Private

Default Re: Stopping sales of equipment

Well sjrabbit you leaving a comment calling me a ass just for having Caps on makes you look like a real ass !! Just saying

I copied this from someone else and pasted it here and I'm sure i said that. I dont see how that could look like a ass when its just facts on what is going on. Maybe he is pist off at this stupid law and just wanted to get his point through. I think it is pretty stupid also and people should be aware so i put it up.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Private

Travis viking , I dont know what the hell your talking about. I copied this from someone and pasted it here to make artists aware. Who cares if things are said a few times they are facts and need to be nailed in tattooers heads. You dont like it move on and shut up. To complain about something so simple and to the point makes you look like a ass. Its not a speech for the president so calm down there guy. Get over it and move on next time unless you roam around just to complain and nit pick s&!t. Its all facts. Most of the best tattooers today learned on there own and that is 100% true.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Private

Well boys you say this wont or cant happen cause of herorin addicts or whatever but fact i it already happen in my state and soon will be in yours. People have petitions in every stat and you can find them on facebook or google. The crap shop people scared of up coming artists are the ones calling for this stupid law when they did the same thing when they learned on there own !! Fact is most of the best artists out never had a real apprenticeship like arron cain mike D ect ect.

Point is if you say oh this wont happen you will wake up one day and it will happen in your state !! They are already having crap shops sign, yes crap shos cause good artisa are not threatned by up coming artists cause they know the best started that way just like Joe Capobianco will tell you himself.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:44 AM
^This Guy^
Private

have seen this post at the top of the new posts section a few times now...
Im not trying to be argumentative, however I do not see this happening,Nor do I see where you think that it is.
Dont believe everything you hear, especially on the internet.
I personally dont care what any scratcher is doing, I spend my time doing things I like rather than worrying about anyone else.
But I can only go with what I see with my own eyes,
and what I have seen is tattoo supply shops opening all over at a very fast pace,
there is even one in the flee market, in the town I live ????
ebay is inundated with crappy garbage machines and supplies, as well as all types of websites that sell to the general public...
this is a open forum and everyone is entitled to there thoughts ect
but I just dont see this as being accurate.
just my opinion.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:05 AM
^This Guy^
Private

and to go a bit further....

the "joe capobianco quote is too often taken out of content....
apprenticeships are necessary... Just look at the "Tattoo bruising, What are causes and what should I do?" thread. plain and simple...

those who think they can just go out and start tattooing OFTEN ends in subpar work
Joe capobianco was a trained artist before hand, and he had other tattooers help him and give him tips when he started he will tell you this himself.

I dont endorse tattooing without formal training, are apprenticeships necessary?
YES be it traditional or not it is still necessary.
for sterilization purposes, to machine tuning and hand motion.
these are not things your just going to know...
can it be learned without a mentor or experienced artist showing you?
YES however with that will come alot of things that will have to be unlearned,
and the time it will take will be much longer than if the time was taken to apprentice.

I was lucky to be taught the basics by a artist friend I used to run with as a teenager he went on to be a working artist (jacksonville florida) and I learned a bit under his guidance.. and after that I went on to spend tons of money in art books and tattoo books, tattoo machine books ect.. im still learning.

if you want to really go somewhere find tattooers that do it for a profession and get tattooed by them, get them to apprentice you, take art classes.
but holding onto the thought of " joe said you dont need a apprenticeship" is incorrect and taken out of context. he has a message board as well go over there and post about it, ask him, because the comment has been misconstrued to many times.

basic test
take a look at the tattoos in the "Tattoo bruising, What are causes and what should I do?"
and than look at some of the inkwork in tattoo magazine..
there is a difference there...
formal training will help artists who aspire to actually get there.
- my opinion
Old 04-20-2011, 08:47 PM
^This Guy^
Private

After rereading my previous posts,
I wanted to say I'm not trying to come off as harsh..
Or rude,
And if I did it was not my intent.
Old 04-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Private

Lord hordack, No problem buddy but it is a fact this happen !! I went to the meeting with legislators and it passed !! They ( supplier in NY) cant sell equipment to anyone in New York. This is not on the internet , A bunch of shop people were there as well as me and a fellow shop owner Lou who is the maker of moms ink !! Type "stopping tattoo equipment sales in Nassau county) Thomas Barraga did this. It is a FACT haha Im not being a d**k either but this is no thought it happened already in Suffolk and Nassau on long island and i think the whole state of NY. Now NY people can buy from out of state buy NY dealers cant sell to NY artists. I still have documents on the meetings lou sent me im sure and you can look it up, Like i said watch 1stdarknightslayers video on you tube, Its a news clip not something made up on Internet. Maybe you should look it up instead of assuming its fake because it is FACT. I was there lou was there fighting it but we lost , Go ahead and email Lou at Technicaltattoosupply.com. I have his personal email and i do have the documents to show you if you want. I just checked an i still have it but cant post only email it to you.

Also i hate bad dirty scratchers with no gloves and homemade "guns" but fact is most of the best today learned on there own. There are many good home artists , way more then the bad thats why this law came cause they lose money. One shop owner even admitted this to me. Many are clean and do great work at home just like top names today did when they started. Dont need a $400 machine to do a great tattoo if you have knowledge about machines and tuning. I can email you the documents or email lou yourself and ask him, tell them you want to speak to the owner lou, He is official maker of moms ink and located in NY Nassau county !! Again , this is FACT
Old 04-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Private

Well you told me this law didnt happen and never would , IT DID and now you say nothing about it when i give you facts and proof. I told you it was a fact an i still have to gov document to email anyone to prove it.

I never said JOE learned on his own !! He just knows the BEST today learned on there own and that is what he says , a BIG list of big names. Fact is you DONT need a apprenticeship and i will take the facts over your opinion any day. YES there are wanna be artists out there but they have nothing to do with artists with talent who tattoo at home like all of the big name guys have. You can have your opinion but i stick with Facts and the fact is that many many learned on there own and tattooed people at home or wherever. I dont have time i to go on right now but i will listen to Joe and the facts. Fact is the best names out learned on there own with NO formal apprenticeship. Tattooing takes art skill and it is not rocket science at ALL. I dont like people who mess people up and tattoo dirty with no gloves but they have nothing to do with the good tattooers. Only good apprenticeships are FREE ones.

I Know there are kids f@#king people up with no skill at all, they use dirty s&!t and so on but that dont make anyone who tattooers not in a shop a scratcher or bad, proof for that is all of the big names who learned on there own. There are more crap shops from apprenticeship guys then good ones. All i said was a apprenticeship is NOT needed and it is NOT and Most of the best tattooers today never had one and learned on there own and this is FACT just like the law you said was here say and not true but you were wrong just like your wrong on this. Joe Capobianco says it along with every big name just about and everyone knows this and only apprentices who paid allot to sweep floors say other wise. Its tattooing history. All i stated was facts on things and thats that, yes i hate wanna be artists and that is why a law of 21-25 an up to buy equipment should be so kids cant mess people up and play artist. Point is int is not rocket science and fact is most learned on there own not in a real shop and most know this. You can have your opinion but your wrong and i will listen to history and big name guys and facts over your opinion but i mean no disrespect at ALL towards you I wish you well , i am just all about facts and that is all i stated. And it is all really facts so there is nothing to argue over. Peace
Old 04-21-2011, 03:17 PM
^This Guy^
Private

Fact is if these artists are so good,
Why are they not already working in shops?
Or owning there own...
You have some good points
However there are some places where our opinions differ.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:01 PM
Private

Yes you do as well, its ok to have different opinions and thanks for being respectful like a adult and not resorting to insults Much Respect....... But it is a fact allot of big name guys learned on there own with no real apprenticeship.

Well no one is born with tattooing knowledge. Fact is Allot of people have trouble getting the Money to open a shop by there self cause its not that easy, But many have done it because most shop guys never had a formal "real" apprenticeship and they opened there shop so its not like there not out there cause there all over thats why it is a fact a apprenticehip is not needed.

You cant just jump into a shop when you have to learn on your own, it takes time and Money and this is why there is allot to be said for the artists who learn on there own. Hey im just stating Facts and Most have never had a apprenticeship. Like i said it is not rocket science , thing is you have to be clean and get certified in blood born pathogens ect ect.... and that is important and most little kids dont know anything right and just mess there friends up, dont learn about machines and take there time they just turn it on with no art skill and go f@#k people up and those kids i hate and they are scratchers but i dont like when people call anyone who is not in a shop a scratcher cause that aint true and most of the best would be scratchers then. Even my buddy Mike D said the same thing about what a scratcher is, he tattooed out of his garage until he opened a shop. Even Gaston said you dont have to be in a shop to be a professional or apprenticed but he checks artisits work to see if you can buy his machines and if your work looks professional.

I do understand what your saying and i hate little bastards who have no skill at al and mess people up using same needles and ect ect but there are morons all over so you cant blame everyone who tattoos at home because of a small group of morons who do tattoo wrong and mess people up and infect them. There are shops who mess people up and infect them and they had apprenticeships so just cause there in a shop dont mean there great.

I'm just speaking the truth, and im not sying every little kid who cant draw should do this. Its alright to have your own opinion though Just a friendly conversation ha ha I do wish you well, Much respect to you !! Oh and allot of shops dont give apprenticeships because they want no new artists taking there clients and they were free and now they charge out the ass for one and only give them to friends or family. They will turn a artist away for having no tattoos which is racist. Whatever i think i rambled on long enough ha ha. Sorry for going on and on , I cant write that much again ha ha. Later

Tags
dumb law tattoo, equipment, sales, stopping