Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 12-21-2009, 04:49 PM
Platoon Sargent

Default Re: Black and grey artists..

I hope you do get better. You have a long ways to go. But you telling people that are trying to help you that they're wrong is just being dumb and that attitude will get you nowhere. That's what you need to learn. Once you're a couple years in you will look back at your work now and think it sux. Trust me. You don't think it does because you're seeing progress, but that doesn't mean it's good. I was in the same boat, trust me. You will look back and think it sucks. Just quit telling people that they're wrong and acting like you think you know everything.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Private

I SEE DERAN.....SO I REALLY NEED TO SHUT MY MOUTH AND LISTEN IS ALL....SO WHAT IS THE BEST WAS TO TUNE A MACHINE AND DO BLACK AND GREY.........
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Corporal

Yeah dude, just listen. You don't have to listen to all the crap though. Just be humble, in my opinion - you'll always suck. no matter what. I'm always learning, always trying to push myself to become better with every tattoo.
As for machine tuning, like everyone else has been saying, it's all up to you. Some people like it short and fast, others like it long and slow. For me personally though, the FK Irons that Gaston makes really fit my style and technique.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:14 PM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelyum View Post
I SEE DERAN.....SO I REALLY NEED TO SHUT MY MOUTH AND LISTEN IS ALL....SO WHAT IS THE BEST WAS TO TUNE A MACHINE AND DO BLACK AND GREY.........
For the millionth time, there is no best way!!! See what I mean about you not waninting to listen to people? That's like asking what's better, Nike or Adidas. It's personal preference. Some like a quick, short-stroke machine, some like a slower, long-stroke machine. There is no right or wrong!!! Try them both for a while and see what suits your style better.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:44 PM
underwear is optional...
Corporal

here lemme close up this post as to where it started from..

Black and grey work.. take some black. set up some caps. and pour out different drop mixes of your favorite black.. mix the rest with water.. and f@#kin tattoo..
bottom line.

there? run a machine the way you know how.. this isnt an apprenticeship.. f@#k people..

Black and grey work isnt rocket science. its art.. if you aint having fun doing it.. Monster.com is looking for a schmuck.. go there!

good grief..
Old 12-21-2009, 11:59 PM
f@#k yeah
Private

ha ha! at least i'm not the only one getting bent over a barrel around here! you guys are hilarious. straight to the point but hilarious!
Old 12-22-2009, 12:00 AM
Private

ok cool.thank you to all you guys really....all im doing is trying to get my style and get better to fast......

and jack so i ask this i use 4 caps one black and 6 and 4 and 2 with water...

what you think about that or maybe there something else i can do to get a smooth bng look....

i use my machine fats for cross hatching and stuff....

would it be better to do the cross hatching machine little slower...

and deran i know i suck...but with your help and all this good artist on here maybe one day i can be good.........
Old 12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Private

HELL YEAH.THERE IS GOOD ARTIST HERE AND IM TRYING TO GET WHERE THEY ARE BUT......IT WILL TAKE SOME TIME.........
Old 12-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Scott Barriger
Corporal

I think wheelyums tattoos look pretty good to only have been tattooing 5 months.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Platoon Sargent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maetoch View Post
I think wheelyums tattoos look pretty good to only have been tattooing 5 months.
It does, which is why I help him once in a while. But he's NOT to the point where he should be telling good artists that they're wrong and then bashing them for not helping him when in actuality they were trying to help him! Nobody here owes him anything and he acts like we all do. And then gets pissed off when we don't. He has a very poor attitude.

Tags
artists, black, grey