Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 07-10-2010, 10:18 AM
Private

Default Re: Next Generation Machines ???

...can we focus more on the penis rash part?....thx.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:10 PM
Private

Actually some heart felt SOLID advice, Tala. I do take this as genuine criticism! I think it's a lot easier for me to take it sincerely w/o all of the condescension and passive-aggression. Your critique is more in line w/ what I expected here, and actually what I was looking for. As much as I appreciated the other comments on my work I definitely learned a lot more from your proper and detailed critique.

As far as the advice you gave, I've heard most of it before. I've heard a similar take on the matter several times. I've also been told by two good established artists (not the two that I learned/learning from!) that I should tattoo as much as I possibly can on knowing and willing subjects until I can find a proper mentor. Believe me it's not conceit, I know that I need a good teacher and plan on finding one ASAP. I always have. Your last post has actually made me seriously consider doing so before I pursue tattooing any further. It just makes sense to me what you said about developing and breaking bad habits.

At the very least IF I do decide to tattoo any more of these idiots (the ones that just don't care if they get a bad tattoo) before getting a proper apprenticeship, I'll definitely show them these photos along w/ your critique to further demonstrate the issues that I already warn them about.

Thank you for your sound advice and critique.

Sincerely,
-Pawn

------------------------

On a side note, I think you showed a lot of integrity responding w/ such resolve especially after my tirade. I do genuinely appreciate it. In hind site I probably dealt w/ it a little heavy handed. Anyway I've since deleted the post. Thanks again.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Private

... And now back to the penis rash.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:57 PM
Platoon Sargent

Last edited by Deran; 07-11-2010 at 09:18 AM..
Old 07-10-2010, 06:22 PM
Your future ex-husband
Corporal

Harder to unlearn the wrong way, then it is to learn the right way.

There is a reason all home tattoos look the same. Though besides the minor flaws tala nitpicked outta your work, you have some talent, and depending on the range of your artistic talent, a bright future. those two tattoos are better then what alot of licensed shops put out. This isn't as much a compliment to you, but an insult to the system the licenses these shops, and said shops. But still it's a compliment to you as well

So go do work. find some artists worth working under, show em you want it, if they say no, go back and show em even more how much you want it, and do it til you get an apprenticeship. Then shut up and bust your ass for the next year or two, and be happy to take s&!t, be someones b1tc4, and have the honor of learning the right way, and then after all that, you'll see what it's all about.

And for god sakes, always remember where u came from. Your s&!t don't stink just cause your an exp. artist.

I do what i want!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 08:42 PM
Private

Time to lock the thread in my opinion
Old 07-11-2010, 09:22 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

yah this s&!t is getting retarded

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert
Old 07-11-2010, 06:33 PM
Tala Tattoo
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAWNJOB View Post

Thank you for your sound advice and critique.

On a side note, I think you showed a lot of integrity responding w/ such resolve especially after my tirade. I do genuinely appreciate it. In hind site I probably dealt w/ it a little heavy handed. Anyway I've since deleted the post. Thanks again.
No worries... If you want it; you'll make it happen... Good luck.

Tala

Tags
generation, machines