Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Private

Default Re: Your Questions for the seminar VOL 3!!!!

not sure if this has been covered as Im a lamer who hasnt gotten Vol 1 or 2 yet but...

Can you shed some light on who your peronalized style/design developed. for example, I notice you have a cool and unique element that you use for background features. Taking fingure waves or multiple birds/bats or grass blades (i think) and even opium plant bulbs and blacking them out like tribal which sometimes overlaps the main piece... The effect is really awesome and the contrast just brings more focus to your central colored subject matter.

Also, sometimes theres stuff like blood stains/drops on faces, or veins running thru it or a piece of skin flaked off. Thas awesome, how did that end up getting incorporated into your style?

And finally, your designs in general are just amazing! Just wanted to state that...

PS - My B-Day is Oct 1st!!! If my wife has a soul, she's picked up on my hints of "wanting enchiladas for dinner cuz im HUNGRY!" and will be getting me Vol. 1!

(From Chris and Daniel Hammond, Tattoo Houston @Mesa Rd, Houston TX)

Last edited by ntelekt; 09-10-2010 at 12:46 PM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

Why are boobies so wonderful?

Terry, Reese Cup Tattoo, Boringville, OHIO

Christopher McCandless
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:08 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryhaddon View Post
Why are boobies so wonderful?

Terry, Reese Cup Tattoo, Boringville, OHIO

Done and Done.

PS - I actually have the correct answer from a technical perspective of 20 years experience.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:09 PM
Field Marshal

In Boobie Research.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 PM
Field Marshal

actually 27 years if you count over the bra.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:28 PM
Corporal

"Over the bra," my girl just asked what I was laughing at when I read that. Can I use that term? It will pad my experience years by a few myself. I am a molecular boobilicious bioengineer in the research of tata's. Dr. Thrash as my friends call me....lol!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:37 AM
Corporal

Can you get wasted every night and still become a good tattooer ?
Old 09-14-2010, 12:20 PM
CEO, Reese Cup Corp
Field Marshal

i have a real question. Can you become one of the top tier tattoo artists without a true talent and skill for drawing and art, and i don't mean you can draw one of them pirates that come in that art school booklet. Most of the top tier tattoo artists out there(or what i think are top tier) seem to do just as much other art(painting, music, books, dvds, etc) as they do tattoo art.

I talked about this wit Mike Devries a little while getting my last tattoo and i couldn't believe all the "art" instruction that he seems to absorb from every aspect of the art world. I see Nick Baxter, Nikko Hurtado and Joshua Carlton do alot of painting, i see Kore Flatmo does alot of other art(painting guitars, actually did the art for the tattoos in The Expendables movie, i see all the stuff that Brandon is into......it seems that they are "ART" through and through. And the people who aren't, well they just aren't that good.

Am I wrong?

next question: if you could get in a room with all the tattoo artist that dislike you for whatever the reason that may be......would you rather be able to just talk to them and they not answer or listen to them and you not answer.

Christopher McCandless
Old 09-14-2010, 03:15 PM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

thats pretty insightful s&!t dude, very good question. and about the art, i think that other mediums push you in other mediums. like, 10 years ago, nobody really knew that you could pull off a serious color portrait, now there are a lot of talented people doing it, and i think a lot of it comes from the knowledge of and through other mediums. and it also i think took a pretty large set of balls. but thats just my opinion, and i have windex poisoning from licking windows!!

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert

Tags
questions, seminar, vol