Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 09-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Private

Default stacked mags

hey guys, anyone have experience with using stacked mags instead of regular weaved mags? I was thinking of giving them a try and have heard good and bad things about them so I'm just looking for some more feedback from anyone that has used or currently uses them.

BTW- I just got my Pandora machine and it kicks ass. One problem though, I was tattooing today and the rear spring broke. It was only like the 3rd or 4th time I used it. I placed an order with Pulse earlier in the day so I've got to call Jessica back in the morning and see if she can throw an wxtra set of springs in. That ever happen to any of you?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 01:41 PM
Field Marshal

NEVER

that is totally wierd Im sure pulse will take care of it for ya though! they are supercool and supernice - tell her I said HI!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 02:28 PM
Private

"NEVER" in reply to the Stacked mags or the spring breaking? Or both?

I called Pulse today and my order had already shipped but she said she'd send me a few rear springs asap. Their machines are like crack! I need it NOW, what am I going to do? just kidding of course (kind of). Luckily I've got a Gatsby to hold me over. I still want to get a Solution and Executive. I'm going to have to send Santa an early list.....
Old 09-27-2005, 03:09 PM
Field Marshal

never - to the spring issue - I use a lot of mags and they all get different effects, the key is knowing which to use whgere and that just comes with working a lOT!!!!

congrats on the pulse conversion you will never be the same!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:18 PM
Corporal

Default Re: stacked mags

Actually my Pulse Corsair shader spring cracked/split??? The machine started to sound kinda funny during a Tattoo and then fell apart! LOL I was a lil embarrassed in front of the customer but played it off like "o ok time for new spring", picked up my backup and finished like no big deal.
I broke a sweat for a moment when that happened. For one "My Beautiful Pulse just fell apart and wasnt even a month old"! Second- well the customer made a sound like "Uhhhh"?
Just so u know, I love pulse machines and this does not sway me from their products. I called and it was shipped b4 i got off the line.
Pulse machines come tuned and rarely need any adjustments.
Stacked 13mg r nice wen i pack in color. Shading, mmmm rather use weave mags.

Last edited by Jayrahn; 10-30-2008 at 12:28 PM..
Old 10-30-2008, 01:01 PM
Private

Brandon, She is STACKED as well!
Old 10-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Platoon Sargent

i have heard tons of people say that their rear springs snap with pulse machines. i have heard that on some of their machines the front of the platform on which the rear spring sits is slightly angled upward causing this problem. filing it so that it is even should stop any more springs from snapping. i do not use pulse machines so i personally have never experienced this.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Field Marshal

1st question... stacked mags are good for solid color very very solid color, but be careful with your stroke and speed or you'll tear the skin up.

2nd question... jess is partly right, the rear decks are angled so you don't need to preload your spring by bending it to get the right hit/stroke, i wouldn't suggest filing the spring deck down to level. Possibly round off the end of it so it's not hitting a sharp corner where it flexes. Check with Pulse though you might void any warranty with modifications.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Corporal

i use stacked mags for blending and b&g with my TM fusion machines and weaved mags for solid packs with my workhorse
Old 11-21-2008, 02:17 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkmunky View Post
1st question... stacked mags are good for solid color very very solid color, but be careful with your stroke and speed or you'll tear the skin up.

That's what i was gonna say, good looking out, but they're easy to use really, just don't really hammer it or run at too fast of a speed

Tags
mags, stacked