Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 09-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Private

Question intenze ink

does anyone have anything good to say about the reds in intenze
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:23 PM
Private

Default Re: intenze ink

I tattoo in an urban area so it mostly dark colored skin.Intenze ink is great,but for red i use moms.something about intenzes reds just isnt right.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 PM
Private

hmmm. Ive been using moms for about 4 years...never an issue. Since I have been dabling in more crazy ass work...I wanted "BETTER" ink...so I just bought and spent alot of momey on 4 once bottles, before doing alot of homework...now I heard a couple people saying that the reds are s&!tty!!! WTF...now i'm scared to use the ink...is it just certain reds...or all intenze colors? Did I make the wrond purchas...or are the other colors brighter than moms?
Old 09-16-2008, 01:07 AM
crocmaster
Corporal

intenze bright red is ok... intenze cherry bomb is not ok
the deep red is awesome for blending red from darker colors and good for shadows in blood...like all inks out there. some are harder to work with some are easier...it just depends on how you work...most of the tattoos in my portfolio are primarily intenze ink....though there seems to be a bad batch of intenze periwinkle floating around that is F*&#ing peoples S*#t up

in all honesty...i pretty much hate all reds and hardly ever use any...
classic color makes some nice reds though if you don't mind paying 20 bucks for 2 ounces
Old 09-16-2008, 02:57 AM
LBT

intenze and mom are both very poopy pigments....i wouldnt touch intenze if i was getting paid by them and I am definitely not down with putting plastic in customers skin!!
Old 09-16-2008, 02:57 AM
LBT

p.s. that bastard shouldnt even be allowed to sell that intenze s&!t anymore!!!

im done now
Old 09-16-2008, 03:20 AM
LBT

do some searches on these pigments and you will find a lot of bad about them,,,they have both also been banned in some countries due to ingredients!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:18 AM
Field Marshal

i guess i could be socially irresponsible for not knowing the exact ingredients to the ink I use, but I have always thought it was more about understanding the pigment and the application, other than the particular brand, aside from obvious healing issues or something like that.

For example, when I first got a bottle of the intenze sky blue, I hated it. It healed patchy, it was hard to see going in the skin...however after that tattoo that I saw healed with that color. I have had no problems whatsoever with that color. I could tell from experience that it was just a different consistency and I needed to slow down a little bit.

Fast forward three years later, there are quite a few intenze colors I love, and some I am less than pleased with. I remember using soba ink a few years back and just hating it...and then seeing fully healed pieces that look brand new all soba.

However, to answer your question...I have only heard bad things about the cherry bomb color from intenze, the other reds I havent heard anything as far as reactions. I use their regular red color, whatever its called all the time...and its phenomenal. I do know that I got a letter saying that they DID have some reactions and that those colors had been reformulated...so who knows.

There is always going to be a "new" ink company with amazing colors, and another "new" company that has one color that gave on person garbled skin, and although that SHOULD be taken seriously, I don't know any brand of ink that everyone loves every color...or else all the rest of them would be out of business.

That being said, my red toting friend, tattoo the best artwork you can, in the best way technically you can, and worry about another brand after those bottles are used up.

If you tattoo like me, you can go through that 4oz in a matter of a few months.
Old 09-16-2008, 11:29 AM
Private

Cool Re: intenze ink

ahhh...I see. So I always heard that moms blues were rediculiously hard to put in...never had a problem...so I guess your right...new ink, new experience...new machines...new experience!!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Private

Plastics in the pigments?? Banned in certain countries??? Please do explain.

Tags
ink, intenze