Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 01-03-2006, 03:07 AM
Recruit

Default "Woven" Bugpin Mag Question

Hello all,
Been a big fan for quite a while now and I thought this may be the best place to get a particular mag question answered.

After reading all of the posts about mags, my question is more along the lines of taper size and "Bugpin" Mags.
Seems that one of my needle supply companies has a "bugpin" woven mag with a "000" Short taper, as opposed to a "Non Bugpin" that uses a #12 Long, or med. taper, which is what I usually use.

The composition of the "Bugpin" needles seem to be different in respect to the type of metal used. Also, they seem to have a different texture as well. I wonder how that using this particular type of needle may effect shading, and or coloring.

Does anyone have any experience with "Bugpin" type mags?
If so, what might I expect to achieve, Or Not by using these types of needles that I may not otherwise be able to?
Thanks,
Old 01-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Field Marshal

only bugpin liners - albie rock turned us onto them a long time ago and I still love em!!!!
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 12:09 AM
Recruit

Quote:
only bugpin liners - albie rock turned us onto them a long time ago and I still love em!!!!
If I may ask ,What is the difference in how the "Bugpin" performs for you, as opposed to the other type, and taper?
TIA
Old 01-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Private

Bugpin needles are quite thinner than standard #12's, I believe they're 08. A bugpin mag is able to run out of a smaller tube, i.e. a 13 mag bugpin will run out of a 9 mag tube. They flex a bit more and offer nice soft color, but can also destroy skin if not used properly, because you must work much smaller areas, more. You can get the same soft effect in color without using bugpin mags, just use Pulse machines. You'll get everything you could possibly want and more.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 02:04 PM
Field Marshal

yep thinner smaller lines
Old 01-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Recruit

Thanks a bunch for the replies. I apreciate it.
Old 01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Field Marshal

no problemo man!

Tags
bugpin, mag, question, woven