Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Open Chat > Technical Questions

Old 11-08-2008, 02:10 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

Default lip tattoos

so ive done a few, with moderate results. ive seen them stay mint, or in the case of the one that i have, it turned to s&!t in a matter of days. i asked my mentor (he said "good luck", he hates doing them) and also the other owner (who replied "ive been doing this 20 yrs, and your guess is as good as mine"). i respect both of them greatly, but im looking for a little help here. whats the trick? is it needle size? (ive been using a 7) im guessing its stretching (wrapped the lip around a marker) but i cant get the feel for it cause it seems like im tattooing into nothing. give me some clues, PM me if you dont want to share it on the board. thanks.
Old 11-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Corporal

Default Re: lip tattoos

I hate em too, so much so, I wont even do em.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Private

I think good luck pretty much sums it up, there's no trick they just suck, I usally pass on them too
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 07:52 AM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

that seems to be the general idea. but ive seen good ones. there has to be something to it.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Not da Best, Not da Worst
Corporal

There are a few tricks to this, don't want to talk too much tech stuff on an open board. P.M. sent.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:48 PM
Field Marshal

edit: sent as a pm instead.

Last edited by conorblue; 11-09-2008 at 12:52 PM..
Old 11-09-2008, 04:47 PM
Field Marshal

I'll do em, but i don't guarantee em like i will all my other work. It's a crapshoot most of the time and the general rule of thumb "the customer won't do what you tell them to take care of the tattoo" is double in this case.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:05 PM
scruffy nerf herder
Corporal

ya, ive told that to everyone that ive done. ill touch them up once, twice if it allows. but i guarantee nothing. ha i show them mine as an example of what can happen....er when you dont take care of it.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Field Marshal

we're getting a lot of this in the younger crowd that wants something they think will not stay. funny thing is when you want it to fall out, it sticks like a mo-fo, when you want it forever, it falls right out, my friend has been trying to chew out her girlfriends name for 3 years now, hahaha.... they still suck no matter what the preference...
Old 11-16-2008, 07:45 PM
Corporal

i got one yesterday and half of it already fell out. it was the first one my tattoo artist ever did even thought hes tattooed for many years but hes denied every one who's came in his shop asking so i was kinda his test subject but i have much respect for him and trust him. im going back this weekend for him to try it again. the thing he used a 1 liner and i told him to use a bigger one next time. here's my question can any artist who knows the tricks to get them to stay (as good as possible) pm me so i can pass on the info to my artist this weekend? it would be much appreciated and i will post pics saturday after i go back

Tags
lip, tattoos