Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 AM
Field Marshal

Default Re: Post your work!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_vickers View Post
if you are going to talk about someone else's work then your work should be something that they could look to as an example of correct work....
that couldn't be more incorrect, and is a terrible way to take critique. in tattooing you have to have a thick skin, and certainly you didn't think you were going to get praises and hand claps for your subpar work on a forum meant for critiquing?

there are two types of people that will critique your work with more serious consequences: the artists you work with and/or work for...and the public, who can't tattoo at all but will be paying your bills and although they might not know the technical jargon, they for damn sure will tell you when you have done a medicore or f@#ked up tattoo, just as fast as some will tell you that mediocre tattoo is a gift from the gods. learn what info to take, and what to toss away. you are proud of your work...but you also know it needs more.

that said, i don't think your work is that terrible considering the amount of time you said you have been tattooing. if you are in a shop, you should learn, and should post, and should get your balls busted on your work and it WILL make you better. id suggest instead of defending your mediocre work so vigilantly, that you take the criticism for what its worth, see if you can apply any of it to your work, and keep working HARD on making yourself better.

Last edited by conorblue; 02-24-2013 at 06:08 AM..
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:14 AM
Field Marshal

because i just don't reply without posting work also...

alright: hammer em!

Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by conorblue View Post
that couldn't be more incorrect, and is a terrible way to take critique. in tattooing you have to have a thick skin, and certainly you didn't think you were going to get praises and hand claps for your subpar work on a forum meant for critiquing?

there are two types of people that will critique your work with more serious consequences: the artists you work with and/or work for...and the public, who can't tattoo at all but will be paying your bills and although they might not know the technical jargon, they for damn sure will tell you when you have done a medicore or f@#ked up tattoo, just as fast as some will tell you that mediocre tattoo is a gift from the gods. learn what info to take, and what to toss away. you are proud of your work...but you also know it needs more.

that said, i don't think your work is that terrible considering the amount of time you said you have been tattooing. if you are in a shop, you should learn, and should post, and should get your balls busted on your work and it WILL make you better. id suggest instead of defending your mediocre work so vigilantly, that you take the criticism for what its worth, see if you can apply any of it to your work, and keep working HARD on making yourself better.
i wasnt trying to get praise for my work if you took it that way i apologize. i dont mind critique but there is a difference in critique and just bashing someone. but your right i shouldnt have tried to "defend" myself to that extent i apologize. i appreciate if someone tells me something is wrong in the piece if there is something in a specific that needs to be done thats fine. tell me what you think i should do different and i will listen to that and apply it. i guess everyone else iv delt with in "critiquing" has been completly different in how things are done/said.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:43 PM
Private

for example a critique on the eagle/tiger thing.... this is what a critique is to me: your blends are inconsistent,color saturation is a little weak seems like you rushed it as with the fades/whips, there's a gap in the purple where it doesn't meet the outer edge of the wing at the top of the piece and the tail doesnt look proportioned consistently throughout the tail,and i wouldn't of chose blue for the claws and pink for the eagle's feet when they are supposed to be yellow. that's what a critique is my .02
Old 02-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_vickers View Post
for example a critique on the eagle/tiger thing.... this is what a critique is to me: your blends are inconsistent,color saturation is a little weak seems like you rushed it as with the fades/whips, there's a gap in the purple where it doesn't meet the outer edge of the wing at the top of the piece and the tail doesnt look proportioned consistently throughout the tail,and i wouldn't of chose blue for the claws and pink for the eagle's feet when they are supposed to be yellow. that's what a critique is my .02
Thanks bud.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 AM
Private

Guys, I was wondering why this forum is like a ghost town... Bickering about who has the biggest cahonas is not going to get make either of you better artists. Stop criticizing each others work and go spend your time becoming better artists. That's why we are all her right
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Field Marshal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timepiece View Post
Guys, I was wondering why this forum is like a ghost town... Bickering about who has the biggest cahonas is not going to get make either of you better artists. Stop criticizing each others work and go spend your time becoming better artists. That's why we are all her right
this is a critique thread. criticizing each others work is precisely what will make us better artists.

(member since 2006)
Old 03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Web Sensei
Corporal

Default Post your work!!!!

Anybody do anything cool this week?
Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 AM
Corporal

Old 04-25-2013, 11:46 AM
(.)(.) giggidy giggidy
Field Marshal

dude i love your work, but honestly im about sick of the black and white pictures, sorry dude just saying lol

"dont cry over spilled milk, get mad and punch a cow"......-steven colbert

Tags
post, work