Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 

Go Back   All or Nothing Tattoo and Art Studio > Misc > Sports

Old 02-13-2010, 03:39 PM
Asst to Brandon Bond
Field Marshal

Default NBA All Star Tattoo Team

NBA All-Star Tattoo Team: Respect the INK
By: Broken Baller
February 11th, 2010 at 8:30 pm

The All-Star game is upon us and we all know about Lebron James, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant, Carmelo Anthony and Dwayne Wade. They are studs and dominate their respective positions. I love the All-Star game and of all the professional sports I think the NBA’s All-Star game is the best. It’s where the fans get to vote the starting five players and regardless if they pick the best player, the bottom line is they pick the guy they want to see ball. I personally don’t think Allen Iverson should be in the All-Star game, but over 1.2 million people vetoed me, so let the man play.

The NBA has also has the other traditional competitions like the 3 point shootout and the fan favorite slam dunk. I always have liked the slam dunk contest, because guys like Spud Webb and Nate Robinson always gave me hope I too could dunk the ball, but my 5′10″ frame could only throw down a volleyball, damn the slow twitch muscle. Sorry, I digressed, but unfortunately so has the NBA, because now we get to watch the skills challenge, shooting star competition and the HORSE game. There is also the rookie challenge, but I actually think that one is cool, because it’s a good chance to showcase the future stars of the NBA. But everything else blows.

Do you really care about a skills competition where guys have to dribble, pass and shoot through a course? Do you care about the shooting stars competitions where the NBA tries to force the WNBA down your throat? The NBA takes a current stud, an old stud and chick and makes them play a form of basketball. If you really want me to watch chicks play, give me a women’s slam dunk competition. Let them use the smaller ball, lower the rim to 9′ 6″ and do it topless. I’d watch, laugh and then cry. I will say this, at least the NBA understands it takes 2 men to help do a woman’s job. That’s right I said it and with only 4 beers in me.

Back to basketball, the most recent atrocity is the HORSE game. I can see everyone trying the most ridiculous shots, nothing going in and TNT will have to edit hours of tape just so we can see 15 minutes of highlights. If you’re that interested in trick shots, go to YouTube. Oh yeah and don’t miss the celebrity game, where guys like you and me mix it up with the pros.

With all the that said, I think the NBA should add one more event to the All-Star weekend and that’s NBA All-Star Tattoo team. It’s time for David Stern and the NBA to recognize and respect the INK. I don’t have any tattoos, but plenty of NBA ballers do and the players wouldn’t even have to play they could just stand there for a quick picture and talk about why they got their respective tattoo. It wouldn’t need to be by position, it would be the top 5 and some possible other best mentions. It would be voted on by the fans and just like how the starting five for the NBA is really subjective, the ink vote would be too. Size wouldn’t matter. Neither would the amount or the fact you can’t see tattoos on dark skinned brothers, because the fans would be picking their favorite and that’s all that really matters. For the inauguration year I’d vote for the below NBA players.

Chris “Birdman” Anderson

Nuggets Anderson Dunks in DenverLos Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets Game 1 NBA Western Conference finals in Los Angeles

Allen Iverson

NBA Kings vs. Pistons NOV 11NBA Detroit Pistons vs Washington Wizards

JR Smith

Dallas Mavericks vs Denver Nuggets In DenverSacramento Kings vs Denver Nuggets In Denver

Jason Williams

Magics Williams brings up ball against the Bulls in ChicagoNBA: Magic vs Pistons JAN 31

Lebron James

Cleveland Cavaliers defeat Los Angeles Lakers in Los AngelesCleveland Cavaliers LeBron James reacts during play against the Los Angeles Lakers in the second half of an NBA basketball game in Los Angeles

Honorable Mention – Matt Barnes

Magics Barnes drives on Bulls Johnson in ChicagoNBA: Magic vs Pistons JAN 31

Honorable Pussy Mention – Kobe Bryant

You get INK, because you want it, not because you’re sucking up to your wife for cheating. What a douche bag.

Los Angeles Lakers at Boston Celtics

In the end it’s a perfect mix of white America, street ballers and NBA super stars, so all the fans can relate to it and buy NBA gear. Just imagine the creativity NBA players would come up for the next year’s All-Star weekend. Tattoos of David Stern on the their asses or Greg Oden could have a poem printed on his manhood. The sky is the limit on this one and I’m sure ballers would take it tolevels of creativity we could only dream of. Instead of young kids practicing 3 pointers, free throws or the cross over, they’d be thinking of how they could out INK the reining champ: “birdman”. If the NBA is going to throw junk in my face, at least make it interesting.
Tags: Allen Iverson, Birdman, Carmelo Anthony, Celebrity Game, Chris Anderson, dwight howard, Dwyane Wade, Featured, HORSE, Jason Williams, JR Smith, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Matt Barnes, NBA, NBA A, NBA All Star Game, Shooting Stars Competition, Skills Challenge, Three-Point Shootout

Read more: http://5x5.gearupforsports.com/blog/...#ixzz0fRzga0Tp

All or Nothing Tattoo
Stranglehold Merchandise
2569 S. Cobb Dr.
Smyrna, Ga. 30080

www.allornothingtattoo.com
www.vickdogmovie.com
www.strangleholdmerch.com
www.atlantapitbullrescue.com
www.brandonbond.com
www.davemftedder.com

Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote

Tags
nba, star, tattoo, team