Best Atlanta Tattoo Studio Voted By Creative Loafing Readers

HomeNew Tattoo ImagesTattoo ImagesAll or Nothing ArtworkRead about us in the pressCheck out our bumpin message boardLearn about our studioWatch videos about All or NothingRead our massive gallery of articles about usHow to get hereLearn how to take care of that new tattooCheck out our hellafied links pageShow your support by linking back to usGet some All or Nothing gear at Stranglehold Merch 
Old 01-14-2008, 10:59 AM
Private

Default Kitchen Cowboys getting to much info

i just wanted to mention that i look at some peoples myspace profiles and there are pictures of them tattooing in there house/kitchen. and even when i was in between shops i never tattooed at home or in someone else's. for a proper artist to take some s&!t home and tattoo a buddy its different but i still think there are some people on this forum who release to much information to people who shouldnt be tattooing at all. i had been hanging out at a tattoo shop and getting tattoos for 3.5 - 4 years when one day they asked me to help clean up around the shop. there are alot of people who have busted ass and done there deeds to learn and gain the information they have today. it makes me feel good when i know i have put my time in but im still learning and im appreciate that brandon and other rad artists help out and give pointers but some of us need to be carefull what your saying and who your given info to.

just a little of my 2cents.

just like i dont like ordering anything from suppliers that sell to anyone and deliver to people's houses.
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Private

Default Re: Kitchen Cowboys getting to much info

whats everyones thaughts on this ?
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Spurl Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Field Marshal

the draconians are taking over, and yes suppliers that sell to anyone suck.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Field Marshal

thats why we deal with KINGPIN tattoo supply.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:52 AM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

I buy from KINGPIN and CAM.
... ( y )
Old 01-14-2008, 11:59 AM
Private

Meh, I'm so tired of the respect games played in this industry, which, by and large doesn't practice what it preaches.

Wether people tattoo out of their kitchen, a nice set-up in their home, a shop or the friggin' Taj Mahal, they need to excercise responsibility in what they do. Same goes for clients and who they allow to tattoo them.

Talking openly does not create a bad tattoo. Ignorance does that.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 PM
Field Marshal

word up.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:46 PM
Austina Obscure
Corporal

yeah.. i definitely agree... i know a lot of good artists that were self taught at first and then went on to get a proper apprenticeship.. i also know many artists that were apprenticed and you couldn't pay me to get ink from them..so.. i don't agree with the kitchen cutters, basement butchers, or any of the sort.... and they do destroy our industry in a way.. but we love fixing up their work :0) what does concern me is the lack of knowledge about cross contamination and sterilization, but i see that with people that are suppose to know what they are doing..so... who knows.... I, myself, ask a million questions before I make any decisions...cuz sometimes my best judgment sucks... and I love this forum!! I am grateful for the many cool topics and answers we get from Brandon and others.. We should just keep posting how important it is for people to do things the right way...to seek apprenticeships, hook up with their local RED CROSS and get some knowledge.. stuff like that.. we can't change a whole lot of s&!t in this world.. but we can properly educate..

i love KINGPIN.. PULSE....LUCKY....Technical is pretty cool too but they will deal with anybody....

Last edited by holierthanthou; 01-14-2008 at 12:49 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Needs Church
Field Marshal

We cant all be this good !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXZT9xGJIvE
... ( y )
Old 01-14-2008, 12:50 PM
Private

this is all true.
im not trying to get anyone to hate on me.
im just saying its sucks theres nothing we can do to stop it.
hopefully the information people will learn will atleast make these people learn some safe practices. kingpin and eikon all the only suppliers i use.

the whole part about haven educated customers is awsome.
thats why there are artists like brandon and the AON crew who have changed the outlook on getting a tattoo for many customers of mine.
there is alot of redirecting a customer i have lernt in the past while and it makes for a happy tattoo artist when u know u havent made someones mind up for them but u have educated them to learn more and make a desicion that they will be proud and happy with in the end.
not only maken the right choice for the tattoo or placement but haven a good expeirience is also part of it.

you guys all rock.
keep on tattooing and maken people happy.

Tags
cowboys, info, kitchen